NAMM 2018

• The Kemper is currently the best sounding digital guitar processor out there IMO. It is by far and away the easiest to get good tones out of. The tube amp tone is so good that it is virtually impossible to tell the difference between the Kemper and the real thing.

And still there are some non kemper user who have never even tried one claim they can hear difference. :D Poor fools.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• @NotScott,

Wow. You must be living an exact replica of my life ;)

One caviate....

The only reason for a floor unit is to reduce the cost.

Currently, You need an $1800 KPA and a $500 floor unit to gig with ($2300). The Helix is ~ $1500. For many, this is a big enough difference that it would sway the buying decision. Most people will not get the opportunity to A/B these in a shop.... so the difference in sound quality would not be the deciding factor.... and it isn't like the Helix sounds bad ... just not as sweet as the KPA.

• And still there are some non kemper user who have never even tried one claim they can hear difference. :D Poor fools.

Owning a Kemper or not doesn't mean you can't hear a sample and judge accuracy thereby. Happens with me that those who can hear the differences (because they exists), hear them the same as I do as a Kemper owner. It also leaves those here free to judge the tones of other devices that they don't own, and boy do people here judge other devices. Preference is subjective, but facts are not and the Kemper frequency spectrum is absolutely different than the signal chain it profiles, even if sometimes very close. It's just a matter of whether that matters to the person using the KPA or not. If it's close enough and makes you happy, then that's all there is to it. But we don't need to dismiss or mock people who hear those differences and to whom it matters.

• Owning a Kemper or not doesn't mean you can't hear a sample and judge accuracy thereby. Happens with me that those who can hear the differences (because they exists), hear them the same as I do as a Kemper owner. It also leaves those here free to judge the tones of other devices that they don't own, and boy do people here judge other devices....

facts are not and the Kemper frequency spectrum is absolutely different than the signal chain it profiles

But we don't need to dismiss or mock people who hear those differences and to whom it matters.

Most if not all the Kemper Users I talked with in this forum realize and can hear the slight difference and you're not the only one who hears it. They just think it's really insignificant and immaterial because Kemper is so close like no other digital device.

You on other hand keep bringing the slight differences focusing on the minor shortcomings of an overall truly innovative product that's ahead of its time not as measured by guitar players only, I have never gotten as many compliments on my tones from everyone I know ever since I got the kemper. An eighty year old family friend, no kidding, heard me play it and came to me to say "it sounded beautiful. and much better than your previous amps" She hated my previous setups that included real tube amps, no kidding. That's more telling than any spectrum analyzer that you bring up.

I don't believe anyone is mocking those who exaggerate the importance of the slight differences. These are tongue and cheek comments that no harm is intended by them until someone who chooses to take them out of their context of humor into mockery,

• Exact replica? Like a profile? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) :D

Since I never actively shopped for a Helix, I forgot about the price. Yes, that makes sense to me and why a more affordable Kemper would be desirable. I get that. However, in my case, I bought my powered toaster with controller for just under $2,300. I use it with my existing cabs and I am good to go. If I were to buy a Helix and add a decent FRFR, I am right about at the same price point with all of the disadvantages I listed earlier.

The great thing about all of this tech is that it provides more versatile tools to apply to our craft. We just have to know what side of the tool we are on. ;)

• I recently tried Helix Native and got it to sound really good but not good enough to get rid of my Kemper and save around $1600. The Helix to my ears sounded no where near the Kemper and I'm not what you consider a tone snob, the Helix or any other modeler, to my ears don't feel or sound authentic and musical like the Kemper does.

• Most if not all the Kemper Users I talked with in this forum realize and can hear the slight difference and you're not the only one who hears it. They just think it's really insignificant and immaterial because Kemper is so close like no other digital device.
    You on other hand keep bringing the slight differences focusing on the minor shortcomings of an overall truly innovative product that's ahead of its time not as measured by guitar players only, I have never gotten as many compliments on my tones from everyone I know ever since I got the kemper. An eighty year old family friend, no kidding, heard me play it and came to me to say "it sounded beautiful. and much better than your previous amps" She hated my previous setups that included real tube amps, no kidding. That's more telling than any spectrum analyzer that you bring up.

I don't believe anyone is mocking those who exaggerate the importance of the slight differences. These are tongue and cheek comments that no harm is intended by them until someone who chooses to take them out of their context of humor into mockery,

The intent of the comment was quite clear if you read it. It's also something Kemper users here do at nauseam to both pat themselves on the back and sideswipe competing products, which is a pretty typical tribalist attitude. And the rest of your response is precisely what I wasn't referring to, and even included a note about what is subjective, including ones satisfaction with their sound. But the mere mention of objective tonal differences (even in the face of obvious mockery) brings about this defensive moving of the goal posts, no matter how truly diplomatic my response was if you understood the nuance in it. My response included what was pretty clear to me the entire text of the short comment while you managed to completely strip the nuance and context from mine... while accusing me of removing context.

Anyway, no sense in doing this circular dance repeatedly. I just don't care for the flippancy some use when addressing those who notice tonal differences, and to whom those differences matter, regardless of what the people you know think about your sound. And without even exaggerating the issue, the mere mention of it causes you to repeatedly hurl the immediate accusation that we are exaggerating as you move the goal posts every which way. No thanks, been down that rabbit hole too many times as it is.

• How about some people get a sense of humor! stop creating drama by taking humorous remarks and blowing them up. If someone in a product forum states they like the product better than other products, why should anyone be offended.

It's also something Kemper users here do at nauseam to both pat themselves on the back and sideswipe competing products, which is a pretty typical tribalist attitude.

If some kemper users want to Pat themselves in the back, in the Kemper forum and dismiss other products, why should anyone spin that into sinister tribalism. Aren't users allowed to be fans of a product or even a Genre of music, without being accused of sideswiping other products or music, by you.

I thought that you work in Internet Marketing of musical products for "HOSA", I would have expected that you would understand that some fans' excitement doesn't need to be explained rationally as all these products have some element of personal preference.

• Owning a Kemper or not doesn't mean you can't hear a sample and judge accuracy thereby. Happens with me that those who can hear the differences (because they exists), hear them the same as I do as a Kemper owner. It also leaves those here free to judge the tones of other devices that they don't own, and boy do people here judge other devices. Preference is subjective, but facts are not and the Kemper frequency spectrum is absolutely different than the signal chain it profiles, even if sometimes very close. It's just a matter of whether that matters to the person using the KPA or not. If it's close enough and makes you happy, then that's all there is to it. But we don't need to dismiss or mock people who hear those differences and to whom it matters.

My point was there are those who claim they can here the difference because they have decided they can hear the difference.Many guitar players claim solid state amps can't sound good. Hifi nerds claims very expensive cables makes difference etc.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Maybe they's gonna release a mission kemper 4x12 cab. Yo dawg, lemme get one of them there 600 watt @8 ohms 4x12 neodymium speaker cabs with optional open back convertible option. Black please, with a salt and pepper neoprene grill cloth. K, thanx. Love you

• To be honest I expected some update before the end of 2017..at least some kind of editor in any form (like only for fx or cab management)..

Hmm..and still no news for NAMM with just a few days to go.

I hope this is a good sign and indicates some "unexpected surprise"..I wont have any problem with no upgrade at all but I can imagine that many people will be somehow dissapointed.

• A floor unit or better said "profile player" controlled by some smartphone app would be great IMO..there are many situations where I would love to go to a jam or very small coffee house gig with just a guitar and a small remote like floor unit.

As the second issue...it would be very cool but as you said there are many ways to achieve the same result with other ways (reamping etc and ofcourse just playing a second track as in the good ol´days..) but nevertheless it would be nice to to morph between to completely different type of sounds..this for sure will come in the future with a new hardware..in any case we talk about something which will be exclusivly used in studio/recording situations where there is "no time" for doing a second track..hey..thinking about it I naver had such a situation.. :D;)

For live gigs this feature is completely useless.Untill someone can tell me for what it could be usefull onstage. :/

• Maybe they's gonna release a mission kemper 4x12 cab. Yo dawg, lemme get one of them there 600 watt @8 ohms 4x12 neodymium speaker cabs with optional open back convertible option. Black please, with a salt and pepper neoprene grill cloth. K, thanx. Love you

Stereo amplified and non-amplified versions please!...with casters!

I like that idea. That would be my backline solution. Just plop my rack unit mounted in a nice fender head-like tolex wrapped 3RU box on top, plug it in...and rock! :thumbup:

But I could see a possible Kemper 2 being a dual processor "two simultaneous rig" unit that doesn't take away from the original Kemper. It's one louder, isn't it? For when you need that extra push over the cliff. :D

And a floor unit (made in Germany) without the profile section could be the entry level unit for the "budget conscious".

And I could also see a version with external switching/looping options.

None of these would take away from the core unit and investment in profiles.

Phil 8)

Edited once, last by PHILBERT: grammer ().