NAMM 2018

• There's an acoustic guitar in one of the FB pictures. Might have to do with the latest firmware addition (added: third instrument Acoustic beside Guitar and Bass).
    They will probably put the emphasis on acoustic profiles, maybe a new acoustic rig pack. And maybe something acoustic different from guitars, who knows?

• I'd at least like to have some improved preset management. It's a royal pain to scroll through all the preset types when you already have an effect type selected. At the very least, allow us to filter for presets for the selected effect type! We've been asking for this since the KPA was first released.

• In fairness to Kemper ..... it would, imo, be inconceivable for Kemper to not announce / pre-release *something* ....... ie:- new FW ...... major FW update ...... hardware .... software ...... editor .... preset managment etc..... at this years NAMM.

Find out in 16 - 24 hours I suppose.

Ben

• Found this on the homepage:

We will attend NAMM 2018 at Anaheim Convention Center from January 25th - January 28th.
    We are happy to see you there. As it looks right now we will have some exciting guests! And of course a great time with you guys!!

On my wishlist

• editor
    • mobile rig manager
    • new reverbs
    • triplet delay
    • kemper FRFR box
  • I suppose there won‘t be anything completely new.

They present a live rig, maybe there will be some new Midi integration. And that acoustic guitar, so they will show the new instrument input. I don‘t exspect anything more.

Editor would be rat though!

• For me the Morphing has to be advanced, also being able to „morph“ stomps, this could be done by „morphing“ their „mix“-parameters. Then I could really use it ... like it is it is just a volume boost for me.

• For me the Morphing has to be advanced, also being able to „morph“ stomps, this could be done by „morphing“ their „mix“-parameters. Then I could really use it ... like it is it is just a volume boost for me.

Dont understand this request. Morphing the mix parameter of a stomp is already possible. You can nearly morph all parameters except the ones that didnt make sense.
    Am I missunderstand the request?

• Ive had Line 6 and Fractal gear that allowed for dual amps and found it more of a gimmick than a really usable feature. Its a lot of tweaking/matching and mucking around for not much benefit IMO.

I would rather see better overdrives/reverbs as a priority and then maybe an editor (if only to save wear on the rotary knobs).
    cheers

I tend to agree it is more tweeking than playing and that is not the Kemper way for me. Surely the way to get dual amps is to profile them that way. I guess it is possible?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

Edited once, last by karlic ().

• My 2ct regarding dual amps:

Simply doubling the sound with two different profiles won't do the job. Decent doubletracking means playing twice. I think that is why the KPA does not support this feature. A Mimiq Doubler like stomp would be a better way to achieve this, even if it is based on one single profile. Some parameters might help of course to alter one of the signals. So I do not expect NAMM to bring that feature.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• For me the Morphing has to be advanced, also being able to „morph“ stomps

I don't understand this sentence either at all.

Concerning morphs, I was transformed from "Saulus" to "Paulus". At the beginning I wondered what I needed it for.
    Today almost all my bread and butter rigs have a morphing function. Especially the rhythm rigs.
    It is so easy to switch to a solo sound and back again.

I usually use the loop button of the remote as a morph button and have only one expression pedal for Volume on the floor.
    In the big band, when I sing, I have to go forward with the guitar. Then there is a button connected to the remote via a TRS cable. (guitar is wire less connected to the KPA)
    So I can also play a solo from there.

Ultimately, morphing was the innovation that catapulted me into another universe. Even if I don't use all the possibilities of morphing with an expression pedal at all.
    The only improvement I could imagine is that some binary variables can be influenced with morph.

Only 1 - 2 more nights sleeping will give us certainty :P

• I'd at least like to have some improved preset management. It's a royal pain to scroll through all the preset types when you already have an effect type selected. At the very least, allow us to filter for presets for the selected effect type! We've been asking for this since the KPA was first released.

+1000!
    This is really weird for a well done unit !