NAMM 2018

• This is the editor again and again and again.......

Not necessarily. This can be done with the existing interface, and would be a major improvement even that way. As for this year's NAMM, I'm betting that the Kemper folks just aren't ready with whatever new things are in the works, and won't be rushed to announce before the soup is ready ;)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I doubt anything major is in the works.

I think the same thing.
    I fear they are working full steam on some new hardware. They won't tell to not hurt sales of the current unit.
    I hope i'm wrong, but since there has not been any "real" update for more than a year, this could well be the case.

• I think the same thing.I fear they are working full steam on some new hardware. They won't tell to not hurt sales of the current unit.
    I hope i'm wrong, but since there has not been any "real" update for more than a year, this could well be the case.

It's also a possibility that they're working full steam on nothing at all.

Kemper is a small team. It's not likely they have a 20-person dev team split into hardware and software teams. Perhaps they have one or two full-time guys doing fulfillment and a developer on contract (or maybe only CK) that implements bug fixes, or works on "projects" or "features" (e.g. delays, reverbs, etc.) when the need arises.

When you have a steady stream of buyers and a stable product, it's easy to sit back with your favorite Recklinghausen beer, collect a paycheck and spend more time with your family. Kemper is not trying to be Line6.

• We carefully chose the features and effects, and the way it is implemented.
    The reason for this is, that we want to continue this for the next decade or so, without changing things afterwards.

This is a quote from 2013. :)

Now, I'm not posting this because I take Ir. Kemper's estimate of "the next decade or so" literally, as a guarantee until 2023, and I hope nobody reads it that way.

To me, this statement just shows that in general, the Kemper company are in it for the long haul with the profiler. It also explains why updates take a long time: part of the reason is that they want to plan and test everything carefully so that every new feature is spot on from the start. They've always avoided having to go back and change the way the device sounds or functions, mainly by planning ahead and not rushing things.

• Guitarists historically commit pretty deeply to a "base " gear setup and move forward through time wrestling with its relatively static suite of variables and possibilities. SRV, Eric Johnson, Sonny Landreth, you know insert your tone hero. The best tone I ever heard *IN* an actual rig rundown was Daniel Lanois, on pedal steel and a fifties goldtop with p90s, through a simple tweed Deluxe / Lexicon delay setup that he hadn't changed since the 80s.

Digital seems to have thrown a wrench in to that mindset, and suddenly a big portion of the guitar world (I believe mistakenly) views "professional" as everything all the time. But a lot of us still take a simple, long view toward our approach to tone. Maybe I'm naive, but the Kemper has always felt like the first device in the digital era meant to occupy a permanent place in a guitarist's rig or a studio's toolbox. I hope I'm right.