NAMM 2018

• Did they say when they are going to have new Reverbs? At NAMM or just some time in the future?

It was noisy and I don’t exactly recall but I’m positive the answer was more along the lines of “later this year” than “later this week”. Do not quote me because I don’t remember.

That being said, I’ll ask tomorrow again.

• Yes for reverbs, I don't find it but, if i didn't dream, I'm pretty sure to remember CK told us there will be new reverbs on a Namm or Musikmesse video at the time of the presentation of new delays.

Sadly I don't find it but maybe someone remembering to hear that too ?

Also I don't want a kemper 2 by pure selfishness i must say, I know it will probably happen one day but i'm broke and i'm sure (may be wrong) this kemper can evolve a lot until his final form. Sure it will not make my kemper less good but... you know :)

• So that's winter NAMM 2018. At least the anticipation and false hope can end. At least they're still planning some enhancements for the future. I'm going to go play guitar.

At least they are going to show something. Otherwise Andertons wouldn't have post that picture?

• To all of those of you (not me) who wonder if there will ever be an editor for the KPA ...
    I have a feeling that guesswork will likely not lead to a reliable conclusion.

I think we should perhaps try an approach from a different angle:
    Has Access Music Electronics GmbH in the past 22 years ever introduced an own editor for their successful Virus synth(s) ?
    I think we all agree that a software editor for a synth makes even more sense as for a guitar amp profiler ...

• To all of those of you (not me) who wonder if there will ever be an editor for the KPA ...
    I have a feeling that guesswork will likely not lead to a reliable conclusion.

I think we should perhaps try an approach from a different angle:
    Has Access Music Electronics GmbH in the past 22 years ever introduced an own editor for their successful Virus synth(s) ?
    I think we all agree that a software editor for a synth makes even more sense as for a guitar amp profiler ...

Do note though that they didn't do this for the initial three versions of the Virus. When they did, they designed the synth from the ground up with Total Integration (hence Virus TI).

I've heard about this video from other sources too, and no one has been able to provide a link to it. Just the rumour mills on the forums.

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (thanks to Gryzor ;) )

I think that was the post of this thread - had the lowdown on the verbs/ new hardware rumours. Still hoping for an update on the editor which I gathered some time back they had employed someone to work on.

so is the official word,,, " Nothing new at namm?" so I can get back to work..???

Yes.We can all go "back to work".. ;)

The kempers have learned their lesson and we should do the same.

I mean..look here this thread..am I the only one who thinks it is quite civil without the usual suspects "spreading negativity" and the other usual suspects reacting to this;

Obviously the kempers have enough of the kindergarten of the previous months and we as customers should be happy that Kemper concentrates 100% of how to develop their product leaving us to use the profiler making 100% music.Me personally..I like it..

ps

The company actually do "communicate".It is maybe just most of us dont like to listen.

• @ Nikos! Absolutely!

The 2018 NAMM Kemper announcement on this thread should be "Kemper will continue to support this platform, and continue to offer FREE software updates as & when available!" :thumbup:

I, for one, am happy with that!

• New reverbs and maybe some new/better pedals of existing ones (ODs/Dist)..looks to me that they proceed as planned "from the beginning" when they first rolled out the profiler.

I am very curious how they will handle the request for the editor.Till yet it seems they refuse to "give in".As I said in the past..an editor for "everything" like the ones of the competitors would maybe seem as the same as admitting that the profiler cant do all on its own in every situation (live & recording)..

Personally an editor only for the growing fx-capabilities and cab management would be enough for me.I see no reason for editing stack and stomps with the help of an editor.Same for "basic" delay and reverb settings.The parameters in the stomp section are few,well choosen and "intuitive" like with a real pedal.For many reasons it is a good idea to keep it like this (live situations and also stressy studio jobs where they give you just an hour to nail it into the DAW..).

Obviously the kempers most of all want to keep their product as "amp-like" as it is possible.Seems like a question of honour.. :D