NAMM 2018

• Anderton's are Kemper salesmen, so of course they'll say or do anything to increase the buzz.

I love the tones from the KPA, so it's still worth the investment just as an amp simulator alone.

I don't see how this benefits anyone...why not just come out months ago and say we're still working on updates, but nothing new coming at NAMM. Why let everyone speculate and get annoyed with a video like that. Strange. I hate the culture Apple has seemed to make so popular of everything having to be a big reveal/event, and is nearly always just a letdown.

• NAMM is cool. I walked into the booth and had a great conversation with Mike Britt. Great guy. I basically begged him to do a Petrucci Mark IV profile and he was all about it.

I asked around about the editor. No one said it isn't coming out. No denials. It's obvious they're asked the question 100 times an hour.

The booth was smaller than last year's booth so it was pretty cramped!

Also, free picks for all!!!

John Maracich
    SpaceMetalNOLA.com
    facebook.com/spacemetalnola
    spacemetal1.bandcamp.com
    spacemetal.net

• I want some green picks, d@mmit!

• I'd love an editor but how is holding a mouse in front of a computer monitor going to resolve that problem,. unless you have a third hand (some people do LOL) with an editor as you hold the mouse and try to play guitar, you still have to be careful no to knock your computer screen with your guitar if you're not too careful :D Am I not correct?

Has never been an issue when I use AxeEdit. But trying to edit, and read the small screen, on the Kemper with a guitar in hand is a recipe for disaster.

• Hahaha! CK is a funny guy. ;)

Yeah..Christoph is a rocknroller..for me personally he played it more drunk than he really was..´show must go on.... :D:D

"common guys..drink a beer,enjoy life and play your @uckin´guitars with a ton of tube rigs we give you..leave the rest to us.."

..for me the "message" of what @CK wanted to say is very clear.I guess he read all the comments about "industry standards" and @hit and what the other modellers have (editor) and he went like "wtf..are you guys playing rock guitar;Or keyboards;"..

@waraba

This is not arrogance.He is not kidding his customers.In opposite he wants to give them the best he can but he can only do that if he does it "his way" no matter what..and no..wont post the sinatra vid...`will spare you this one.. <X

ps

On thing which bothers me (always had) is to compare the editors of the other modelers with the one the profiler would need.The current profiler is very "real life".You can tweak basic sound parameters in a few seconds.Everywhere.This is crucial.In real life.More so for guitar players who play a lot live but dont have any engineer or soundtech or whatever..Also,the other modelers need an editor because they start from zero while the KPA starts from a profile we either create ourselves or we choose to buy/RE..so it is like we start from (IMO) over 90%..for the rest 10% an editor will be nice(button wear,fx,cab management,presetmanagement etc ) but nevertheless it changes nothing with the fact that KPA users do not "start" where all the other users of the other modelers are "sentenced" to begin with on their tweaking odyssey..only to get told once a month that they just got an "upgrade" to start all the tweaking again.What a freakin´nightmare..

Dont forget this.

• From what I see on the forum the general consensus is the Kemper has sub par distortions/boosts, sub par reverb, the rack is rather large compared to the competitors, it has no editor. It would only take 1 company to patent a slightly different profiling method, put it in a 2u rack, create an editor and add better distortions and reverb and suddenly Kemper would have a problem. From what I can see on the forum updates are free which is great but I would rather pay for them knowing the Kemper team can grow and that requests going back several years are being developed. So are Kemper standing still? Have I purchased a product that is no longer really being developed or being developed at such a slow rate that it will be overtaken by the time all the features required are available? These are my genuine considerations owning a Kemper.

I think it's a matter of perspective.
    I think of the unit as an amp first - with additional features being a bonus rather than a main selling point.

I don't see how this benefits anyone...why not just come out months ago and say we're still working on updates, but nothing new coming at NAMM. Why let everyone speculate and get annoyed with a video like that. Strange. I hate the culture Apple has seemed to make so popular of everything having to be a big reveal/event, and is nearly always just a letdown.

Huh? I don't think Kemper has ever made a big reveal/event? Rather the opposite.

Take it or leave it - Kemper comes out with updates at their own pace, with little forewarning.
    For my part, of course I'd like to know what's coming. But I'm very happy that once things DO come out, they're very well thought out and implemented. I'm very glad they don't follow a business model where they have to come out with new stuff all the time to keep the product afloat and relevant.

• Has never been an issue when I use AxeEdit. But trying to edit, and read the small screen, on the Kemper with a guitar in hand is a recipe for disaster.

Disaster ?( I haven't heard of one single such disaster occurring with the hundred of millions of times guitarists used a digital device since the beginning of the 80s till now without a PC editor. A normal person with adequate "Motor Skills" should be fine. However I agree that and editor would be great, but not for reason you bring up as evading a disaster.

• I think it's a matter of perspective.I think of the unit as an amp first - with additional features being a bonus rather than a main selling point.

Michael

Totally agree mate, absolute matter of perspective. I have double vision with mine the same way I did when I bought my amp.

I needed midi, I needed a direct out, I needed tonal options at low volume for practice and recording and I needed a good quality amp for gigging so I bought a Jvm410h.

I see the Kemper as a studio application first and foremost as if it was poor live, which is lt isn't, I can always buy an amp and still have the convenience of profiling the amp and leaving it in the practice room but have the tones on my Kemper.

I found Line6 frustrating that they used to announce a lot of feature and driver updates but take months to deliver of they did. At first I liked Kempers approach of not announcing anything, now I'm of the mindset that neither way actually works as you are always going to frustrate someone. What I cant wrap my head around is how a company who don't have a fleet of products, who only seem to have 1 product in two form factors fail to deliver anything at all for long requested features.

For the people that are laughing or saying people are spoilt and expectant well a lot of products on the market set a new benchmark and overtake all other products introduced to the market be that the MPG of a car, the quality of your food products, the insolation in your houses; Nokia would be a great example of a technology company who refuse to move with the times and now after x amount of years only just making a comeback. The changes become the norm when developing products and services and the product is amazing and has no rivals in the amp modelling department but has features behind others in its field whilst it's service seem slow and unresponsive to the needs and desires of its customers.

Just my opinion but with all that said like every consumer I am frustrated but dedicated to the product lol

Mike

• Anyone tested the Headrush FR/FR ?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'd love an editor but how is holding a mouse in front of a computer monitor going to resolve that problem,. unless you have a third hand (some people do LOL) with an editor as you hold the mouse and try to play guitar, you still have to be careful no to knock your computer screen with your guitar if you're not too careful :D Am I not correct?

You're not correct.

It makes a MAJOR difference if I can strike a chord and then use my right hand on a mouse to mold the sound like I want, as opposed to take off my guitar, go to the KPA in the back of the studio, turn a knob, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord, only to find out that I needed to change the other parameter, so guitar off, back to kpa, change the parameters, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord and then notice I want more mid EQ. So guitar off, to the KPA again. Repeat and repeat. When I could have done this in 3 or 4 mouse clicks without having to leave the desk.

• You're not correct.
    It makes a MAJOR difference if I can strike a chord and then use my right hand on a mouse to mold the sound like I want, as opposed to take off my guitar, go to the KPA in the back of the studio, turn a knob, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord, only to find out that I needed to change the other parameter, so guitar off, back to kpa, change the parameters, go back to my chair, pick up the guitar again, play the chord and then notice I want more mid EQ. So guitar off, to the KPA again. Repeat and repeat. When I could have done this in 3 or 4 mouse clicks without having to leave the desk.

I have my toaster Kemper on my Desktop next to a computer within arms reach and so would anyone who wants to edit the Kemper unfortunately. If it's not within arms reach, that's clearly a self imposed problem. Of course you're not going to be able to edit the Kemper if it's not within arm's reach until an editor comes on. Pragmatism is a good solution.

• Some talk about entitlement, I think Kemper Gmbh owe us nothing.
    BUT, nothing has been announced at Namm 2017, nothing has been announced at Namm 2018, again this is perfectly their right, but they knew some of their users were hoping for some news, there has been speculation here from some months. They could have perfectly warned "nothing special will be announced at this show", instead they choose to let us wonder, and then do this "joke" with Anderton about some news coming tomorrow, like a big f*** you to the community.
    Lately some were complaining that this forum became unfriendly, I think like it is the cases, than it comes from the head, you have the community that you deserve.

• For those editing, you can put the Looper in the front. This means you can set a loop pre everything and then have both hands to edit! My guitarist does this all the time, I just refuse to because it's just too obviously a good idea. Lol

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Left behind Christoph Kemper Frank Gambale is filming a Kemper (and drinking Beer). Is Frank Gambale a future Kemper user?

• Left behind Christoph Kemper Frank Gambale is filming a Kemper (and drinking Beer). Is Frank Gambale a future Kemper user?

Frank Gambale lol

Here is your last year Frank Gambale :D:D:D

External Content www.youtube.com

• For those editing, you can put the Looper in the front. This means you can set a loop pre everything and then have both hands to edit! My guitarist does this all the time, I just refuse to because it's just too obviously a good idea. Lol

Doesn't this require the Remote?