NAMM 2018

• I agree - it's the talking that's the problem. Time to give it a rest let CK do whatever he's going to do. I'll get my actual news from the Downloads section of their website and when Rig Organiser finds an update.

• And I'm pretty sure that none of the people who critique his marketing acumen has created a worldwide hit product, much less two. Tell me if I'm wrong

I have created products that are sold on every continent around the world, used in factories around the world, and very likely used to fix your own car in the dealership when it is broken.

Still, that is hardly the root of my criticism or does it in any way make my opinion of the effective use of NAMM by Kemper more or less relevant. If anything, I hope that CK reads it and takes it for what it is ..... constructive criticism from someone who has experience in product marketing, trade shows, and the effective use of trade shows as a method of increasing product awareness and future sales.

Sorry guys, but I think it's far out what people are expecting here. Some are acting like a bride that was stood up at the alter. If updates are the most important part of amp modeling rig we all really need to ask ourselves the question, did I buy the product because it sounded and felt good? Or am I buying it because it's guaranteed to get updates?

Dean, you are correct. The product is the best on the market and is likely to retain that position for some time IMO. In no way am I attempting to say anything different (and I certainly will not be selling mine any time soon).

The only real deficits the KPA really has IMO is the verb library is not at the same level as the raw tone and delays are, the distortion stomps could use a face lift, and a preset and performance librarian is needed for people that do serious shows with the KPA.

None of this is beyond the current hardware in my engineering opinion, and I actually expect to see these items addressed in the future before the release of the next generation product.

I believe that the KPA team is busy at work on something big that is sapping its resources. It doesn't mean that there will be no new updates to the current product, but small companies simply can't do everything at once. Furthermore, unless the additional features to the existing product results in enough ADDITIONAL sales to pay for the effort, it simply doesn't make any sense to do it.

• The Andertons video isn’t the best marketing but guys Kemper ain’t selling spreadsheets, chill, a Little Rock n roll lifestyle never hurt anyone*. Anyway what do you do when you don’t have anything new to show but at the same time have a ravenous** fan base expecting news and an opportunity to keep your product in peoples minds with an interview?

* where “anyone” exclusively means the members of The Rolling Stones apart from Brian.
    ** some might say rabid.

• Look at this way. Since Kemper did not annouce Kemper II or a floorboard, the value of our existing Kempers did not decline. As for a software update or an editor, the fact that neither was announced does not impact valuation, as the profiler continues to operate great as ever. But if you can’t wait until new verbs are announced or an editor is finished, sell now and regret it later...

• With the new updates and delays, i have to say that i would be more than content with just a software update, every day i find new tricks and short cuts with the profiler, i think it just takes a bit of time to learn the short cuts then get your performances tweaked, then really your "editor" is not needed ;).

Apparently Some guy broke into the NAAM Kemper booth and announced what is pictured below , Some guy called Ash :D

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

Edited 2 times, last by ashtweth ().

• I agree - it's the talking that's the problem. Time to give it a rest let CK do whatever he's going to do. I'll get my actual news from the Downloads section of their website and when Rig Organiser finds an update.

I have created products that are sold on every continent around the world, used in factories around the world, and very likely used to fix your own car in the dealership when it is broken.
    Still, that is hardly the root of my criticism or does it in any way make my opinion of the effective use of NAMM by Kemper more or less relevant. If anything, I hope that CK reads it and takes it for what it is ..... constructive criticism from someone who has experience in product marketing, trade shows, and the effective use of trade shows as a method of increasing product awareness and future sales.

I guess I don't see a 'problem'. And if anyone else puts his own name on a class-leading invention that occupies an iconic position in the history of gear lore from the day it's released, with a super warranty and constant free updates that sells spectacularly well, I'll cut you a bit of slack too.