Help me get this tone?

• There are some very good rivera profiles on RE. You have to find the right cab. Another thing is that you didnt get this sound with one git out of the box. This i a typicall ‚overproduced‘ 90 th or late 80 th sound
    imho.

If i had to search to come in the ballpark of this sound i would search in my big sinmix amp and cab arsensal.

Cheers
    Frank

• So Jason Beiler used Rivera and I think it’s a tbr-1sl, I know it was a rack mount, I am sure there was some studio magic added, never played this particular Rivera but in those days there was allot added, anywho, you magicians out there can you help?
    https://youtu.be/RtF0W0cJypg

Saigon Kick are one of the most underrated bands of the late 80's/ early 90's. Great tunes and as you pointed out great tone. Jason is still pumping out the tunes now along with live shows with SK. Sadly not in England yet. I hope you get this tone, and tell me how you got it.

• A lot of that type of sound is created by recording multple guitar tracks, and adding Delay and Reverb.

If you start with any similar gain sound (Marshall for example), EQ it to sound similar with your guitar, add a doubling delay and/or slightly detuned pitch doubling, and some Reverb, you will be very close to that sound.

I agree. Several tracks to get that overall tone for sure. I would get some JCM800 maxed profile and add a boost pedal in front...try different cabs/mics... But I would go with G12T-75 speakers.

• Hi all,

this is an old topic, but if you are still interrested, have a look at big hairy profiles.

This amp has just been profiled with Skid Row and Saigon Kick tones in mind. I think it gets real close !