B&P Marshall HotRod DIY and Dumble 70s Style

• Tonight I did my first Profile in the studio of our bass player.

You can find it on the Profile exchange page of Kemper under:

B&P_3_FX

Worked out nicely I must say.

Amp: DIY Marshall Hotrod, I only profiled the OD channel for now.

Cabinet: 2x12 Celestion G12-65 from the 80s in an open-back TT Dumble-style cabinet
    Mic: SM57 off-center, 20° off axis
    Amp was at 5 on the MV
    Guitar: DIY Telecaster with 60RI Fender Bridge PU

I added three more:

Amp: DIY Dumble ODS 70s Style, Clean, OD and OD+MidBoost

Cabinet: 2x12 Celestion G12-65 from the 80s in an open-back TT Dumble-style cabinet
    Mic: SM57 off-center, 20° off axis
    Amp was at 5 on the MV
    Guitar: DIY Telecaster with 60RI Fender Bridge PU

Would love to get some feedback!

Cheers,

Dote

Edited once, last by Dote ().

• Absolutely fantastic!! First time that I need to adjust NOTHING. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Big kudos, if this is the first one I'm looking forward for the next!

schneidas: you must absolutely download it, it's something for you!!! Even I couldn't avoid to start playing some "hairy" riff 8o

Great amp, BTW

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

Edited once, last by guitarnet70 ().

• Thanks for the feedback guys! Glad you like the profiles.

I added three more, this time from my DIY Dumble ODS 70s (funky entrance for those who are in the know):

Clean Brute&Phatt_ODS70Cl1

OD Brute&Phatt_ODS70OD1

OD + Mid Boost activated (adds more mids) Brute&Phatt_ODS70ODM

Same 2x12 Celestion TT ODS Style cab (oval port).

Hope you enjoy them

• Dote: I've never heard from this Brute&Phatt amp, it sounds very good. Could you point me to their site, I could find nothing in Google. Thanks!

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hi guitarnet,

well, those are the amps I build myself! This is the Marshall Hotrod that the first profile was made from.

It sports a Fender Clean channel with it´s own EQ, an OD channel with FS-switchable Crunch mode and full OD (as profiled), tube FX-loop, 4x5881/EL34 output section, Depth and Presence, OD/Crunch Master and Global Master, Direct out (I use this in the studio sometimes to drive a Fender Vibroverb just for monitoring). In the pic you see it in Crunch mode (red LED for OD, green for Crunch mode).

The OD is sort of a mixture of the best Marshall HR I know of.

[Blocked Image: http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1243/brutephattmarshhr2.jpg]

These are some of my Dumble ODS style clones

[Blocked Image: http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/5356/familybrutephatt.jpg]

The brown one is the 70sODS style Profile I posted.

Dote: I've never heard from this Brute&Phatt amp, it sounds very good. Could you point me to their site, I could find nothing in Google. Thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments!

Dote

• Big kudos to you! For building so nice amps an for profiling them! How do you feel the KPA is making justice to your babies? :thumbup: