Can we all agree on a list of 5 classic OD we would wish

• Andy timmons doesn't use the lead channels on his Mesa Mesa amps just runs the Angry charlie over the clean channel his tone is heavenly

i know. I love Andy’s tone and playing.

I think he does that mainly for convenience though. In the past he ran separate rigs for clean and dirty. He has run JCM800 in the past and still uses some Marshalls on recordings (if I remember correctly). His live sound until a few years ago was a Mesa Stilleto (Mesa’s attempt at a classic JCM style tone) for lead with a Lonestar for clean. That required double the amps and double the cabs plus mic’ing both etc. Now he uses a single amp and pedals to try and get the same sound. I’m sure if touring costs for staff, setup times, shipping costs etc weren’t an issue he would probably still love to carry the double amp setup but in the modern touring economy costs and portability matter a lot.

My point is just that with the Kemper you don’t need to stick a pedal in front of a clean amp to recreate the sound of an iconic head - just use the iconic head because it is no less convenient.

• I'd never heard any of Andy Timmons before and it was a great discovery thanks. The tone on Cry for You official bootleg video is wonderful.

It seems to be that he is using a Laney head and cab from what is behind him though?

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• I'd never heard any of Andy Timmons before and it was a great discovery thanks. The tone on Cry for You official bootleg video is wonderful.

It seems to be that he is using a Laney head and cab from what is behind him though?

enjoy Andy's music I'd recommend the resolution album unbeatable tone playing and song writing skills

• i know. I love Andy’s tone and playing.

I think he does that mainly for convenience though. In the past he ran separate rigs for clean and dirty. He has run JCM800 in the past and still uses some Marshalls on recordings (if I remember correctly). His live sound until a few years ago was a Mesa Stilleto (Mesa’s attempt at a classic JCM style tone) for lead with a Lonestar for clean. That required double the amps and double the cabs plus mic’ing both etc. Now he uses a single amp and pedals to try and get the same sound. I’m sure if touring costs for staff, setup times, shipping costs etc weren’t an issue he would probably still love to carry the double amp setup but in the modern touring economy costs and portability matter a lot.

My point is just that with the Kemper you don’t need to stick a pedal in front of a clean amp to recreate the sound of an iconic head - just use the iconic head because it is no less convenient.

fair point my friend the kemper is a great tool your bang on correct about all your info on andy timmons happy guitar journey :thumbup: