Can we all agree on a list of 5 classic OD we would wish

• BB Preamp here, too.. I see your ambition, hence my 2ct, don't know if is helpful or even possible to select 5 in the end though.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• I think the current selection sounds pretty good and I am able to get really close to my own pedals, with a couple of exceptions.
    #1: The TS9 model needs to be able to go cleaner/lower on the gain knob. Even at 0, you cannot do the classic 0 gain/volume 10 setting.
    #2: A better fuzz model, I love Tonebenders, so that would be great, but at least being able to lower the gain on the current fuzz model would be more useful.

I know you can clean up with you guitar knob, but the gain structure on these, and perhaps some of the other pedals needs to be more flexible to match real world pedal settings.

• Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive

It's supposed to be a "transparentish" OD with 3 band EQ.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Guys, i had hoped we could limit our wishes to CLASSIC ODs.
    The Tube Screamer is a classic. Everyone knows what it is, and most people have tryed one at least one time.
    When you look for an OD in the Kemper, you are hoping to find at least a Tube Screamer in it.
    What i would like to know, is if there are at most 5 ODs missing in the Kemper that everyone think are classic that should be included.
    Not your favorite boutiquish, known by three people including you, released last month, OD of the week. ;)
    If you don't agree, please say so.

• Vjau75, while I understand and agree with the idea of classic pedals. I think I would prefer more parameters put into the existing stomps, so we can create anything from vintage to modern sounds. If we had more options to sculpt what we have we could then nail them all.

This is why I would prefer to see more options like we have to sculpt the amp profiles, added to the OD/dist/fuzz stomps.

Just my .02cents

• There are limitations to pedals. Each pedal has its own personality. This is a cool thing but it’s limited. I would like to see ODs go the same direction as the newer delays. It’s more streamlined and versatile. No delay inheritly changes the tone but offers so many possibilities. They could offer ODs with parameters like eq bumps and even vs odd order harmonics, mix controls, mixing clean and dirty signals, higher overtones vs lower overtones, sawtooth vs squarewave or whatever... Possibilities would be limitless. It would open the door for commercial profilers to uniquely color profiles and create brand new tones instead of rehashing old ones. It’s also a unique marketing strategy. Otherwise, buy a helix and run it with the Kemper. Or use a pedal board.

• Well, I guess when I read the term "classic", I am thinking the original OD pedals that are heard on the great guitar tracks of the 70s and 80s. As great as modern day recreations by Wampler, Xotic, Fulltone, etc. are...for the most part, they are simply variations on an original theme.

I am going with the true vintage "classic" ODs:

Maxon / Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-808 (my 2nd all-time favorite)

Boss OD-1

DOD-250 (my all-time favorite)

MXR Distortion+

Boss SD-1

Edited 2 times, last by Tritium ().

• Well first of all the existing OD, Distortion, Fuzz needs to better. They sound like crap to me.When I compare the screamer against my Maxxon OD9, it sounds so much better. I wish it could be possible to profile pedals and then stored in the stomboxes. That would be good.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau