recommendation for Djent Tone Profile

• Hi,

for all whos looking for Profiles like Periphery etc. sounds you should buy this Pack:

STL Tones EVH5150III Protone Bulb Pack

This is a awesome Pack! No tweeking needed. The Clarity and the Punch is so nice.

Unfortunatly they have no free rigs for testing. But its worth every penny.

I also have the Andy James Pack. Thats great, too. But more like traditional Metalcore sound. More muddy in the Dist.

• Also check out SinMix's BASH amp
    The 6534 is also very djenty

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Maybe you could upload an unedited example on Soundcloud or similar?
    Would appreciate it.

• i found this on Youtube.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I would like to here more that's not so low down tuned. Sorry I can't stand that.Maybe you could upload something on sc?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• i have a mayones duvell with seymour duncan nazgul/sentient and a ltd loaded with dimarzio liquifire/crunchlab.

i like the clearity and the crispy highs. no muddiness in this sound. You can hear every single string at high gain level. This Profile is very similar to Misha Mansoor Periphery Sound. The clou is using the lower Gain profiles in this rig. Too high gain levels makes it too fat

• [Blocked Image: https://i.imgflip.com/1yixcr.jpg]

Okay, tried my Loomis 7 with Black outs in BEADGBE (standard)
    I got some good definition on Dan's stuff and Sinmix's BASH amp

The BASH amp is almost perfect right off the mark.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I find that kosten vh4, herb and ecstasy are my go to packs for djent...with a protone in the front of course and profile gain dialed halfway back.
    Also I just picked the stl bulb bundle, and so far nothing resembles what I hear in the videos above.
    I even use bkp juggernauts in half of my guitars. ..

• One more ..before the recommendation....JUST
    for shits and giggles (what ever the F that means)
    Djent amps need POWER to make the bass frequencies prevalent ..

Das (the) human ear picks up more of the LOW TUNED bass frequencies when you have
    high powered amps , for example the hughes and K 150 watt
    that POWER IN WATTAGE gives the BASS Freq human ear sex....nooky nooky....

Because of the fletcher munson curve.. :rolleyes:;)
    Bass Freq need to be LOUDER for the human ear to perceive other than high /mid Freq...
    WHEN YOU HAVE..low tuned guitars and play thorough a 20 watt amp..

No sex.,

No pussy (cant Djent)
    low watt amp goes into distortion into the power amp
    no where near the same response
    modelers wont have the same limitations

blah blah :rolleyes:

try this also
    Peavey 6505 from double impact
    here is why
    Janus by Charlie Munro (free modern metal album, FFO Periphery, Gojira, August Burns Red, DevilDriver)
    Now where is that Acid :D

Ash

Edited 3 times, last by ashtweth ().

• You just need the right profiles ;)
    kemper and commercial rigs are not the prob brah..

what guitar you using
    what style you want (djent sound close to what band)

Ash

• now now, stop being down thats for when you have a wife :D

Yup But it pays off brother, just let me know what sound your after and what guitar pick ups..other wise i can only drink beer and that does not help :D

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• I have more than a dozen guitars. Most of them are custom made (baritones, 7,8,9strings, standards..) with bkp's and my own company's pickups.
    I switched to the kpa last year just because I couldn't keep on playing tubes they way they're supposed to be played, at home.
    The tones I'm after in general are Periphery and for metalcore anything from we came as Romans to killswitch and pretty much from this genre..

• Mkay..well i would send DI's to DAN and STL/SINMIXX to get them to do custom work...because you should be able to find some thing with that range of guitars man.

look ..DAN, Sinmixx and STL have got a good enough ear to work with DI's
    thats my experience. Other than that did you try the rigs we mentioned???

Ash

• Try the Double impact ones then ;)
    otherwise

Then you defiantly need the custom work i mentioned IMHO
    its not the technology or rigs its just personal taste :)
    make sure you that your using a good FRFR/cab (not head phones)

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().