Cannot install Rig Manager Update (The Installer has insufficient Priviledges)

• Hi guys,

I've been nudged by the Rig Manager for an update for about a month now but it seems that I am unable to update it.

Whenever I get the prompt to update , the installer launches but the update process stops midway and I get this message (see screenshot):

This is really bizarre as I am the Admin on the system (Windows 10 ). Is there a way I can just download the installer and just run it as an admin?

Many thanks!

• Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies,

I am aware of the administration procedures however, when the updater runs inside the Rig Manager it runs automatically and it doesn't give you the option to run it yourself as administrator. Therefore it doesn't have enough privileges.

I would guess the only solution would be to:

1. Either download the actual update from somewhere or
    2. Find where the updater is stored temporarily into Windows so that I can run it manually.

Does this make sense? I've already tried running the Rig Manager as administrator, this doesn't help with the updater.

Many thanks!

• I am aware of the administration procedures however, when the updater runs inside the Rig Manager it runs automatically and it doesn't give you the option to run it yourself as administrator. Therefore it doesn't have enough privileges.

the update doesn't run inside Rig Manager. Rig Manager just opens the msi which you can find in the download folder.

Get in touch with Profiler online support team here

• I've ben in reg edit moving all Kemper stuf......before installing again.....no good..... I've ben in sys 32 to move the dll that is blocked ( I have priviledges for THAT)

I have made the dll special priviledge admin etc.....also the whole sys 32 folder...no result....PLEASE sombody......we need RIG Manager

• Ok, it's good to know I am not the only one :)

I'll keep trying to see if I find a solution. If I do I will post it here.
    But this is definitely no user error as I had zero problems with previous updates up to this date.

• OK..So I cleared all the dll's as they came in the little box....with sys 32 open.....you can check it and the next will show....think there is 20 ore more....one at the time....and at last it will install.....good luck.

• Well I,ve learned SO much from people here and all over the net, so as I was not really clear if somebody should be in the same S...
    As the little window open...it tells what dll and where........go there in win/sys32/dll.......and you open properties then security....edit and permission for system....allow full control.
    Click retry in the little box and it will show next dll if you keep sys 32 open .....sighhhhhhh.....as I said ....20 or more.....there might be a easy way......because this is a lot of clicking....but it will install in the end....Saludos!!!

• So the notes for the latest update state:

- Improved: error handling in automatic software update

Has anyone had any success ? I experience the same problem so cannot install any updates :(