Hooking up Kemper and effects to Audio Interface

• Hello everyone,

I have a Behringer UMC404HD audio Interface and a Kemper Profilier Amp I need to build a chain to record.

Really lost here on what gets connected to what.
    Being a guitarist and relative newbie with digital recording... Do I plug into the Kemper with my guitar then to the input of the audio interface? Actually, what is the connections between my guitar and the computer. (Using Sonar as my DAW)

I really hopes this make sense and you could give me some guidance.

My audio interface does not have s/pdif hookup. https://www.music-group.com/Categori...C404HD/p/P0BK1. Behringer UMC404HD.

Thank you and God bless,
    Craig

• Hi everyone.

Well, I'm purchasing the PreSonus Audiobox1818VSL Monday. Should help out fine.

I have a Presonus Audiobox as well. Works fine with the Kemper.

After you have the Presonus working fine and installed (plugged through usb), just connect cables from the Kemper main outs to the Presonus inputs. Your guitar then to the Kemper input.

Remember to adjust levels so your Presonus does not clip (i.e. red light clipping indicator for each input in the Presonus).

Should I use s/pdif or audio inputs? Also being new to the game... With the s/pdifs are they connected in to in or out to in? Sorry for the ignorance.

If you are recording at 44.1 khz, you can use S/PDIF with your audio interface. The Kemper can only output at that sample rate. You would need either an interface with sample rate conversion at its S/PDIF input, or a stand alone sample rate converter to record at any other sample rate.

To connect the KPA to your interface, use a coaxial cable designed for S/PDIF audio. Connect the KPA's output to your audio interface's S/PDIF input. It does not matter that the connection is digital. Out goes to In. In goes to Out.