KPA A/B Comparison

• I think the feature that set KPA apart from the mass of simulators available out there is the built in A/B comparisons switch which allows to compare the profiled sound with the one of the original amp. Arguably no one has ever dared that before.
    Today I was just watching (by pure chance) this video where 'this guy' is being interview.
    Just skip to 6.10 if you don't want to watch the whole thing ..
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_naK3Mu28Q

• Question...when I switch between the reference amp and the KPA, it does not mute the direct out signal to the amp. Is there a way to make that happen?

• No, unfortunatly not - I asked for the same. Please send a request to support as well.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

Edited once, last by Armin ().

• I think the feature that set KPA apart from the mass of simulators available out there is the built in A/B comparisons switch which allows to compare the profiled sound with the one of the original amp. Arguably no one has ever dared that before.
    Today I was just watching (by pure chance) this video where 'this guy' is being interview.
    Just skip to 6.10 if you don't want to watch the whole thing ..
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_naK3Mu28Q

Totally agree. Pretty amazing that you can compare and how good it actually does work is phenomenal. This doesn't sound fake or digital. It sounds lime a real mic'd amp. Thank you!!!

• Question...when I switch between the reference amp and the KPA, it does not mute the direct out signal to the amp. Is there a way to make that happen?

This is done in purpose. If the reference amp was muted, when you switch to the profile, the A/B comparison would be bad. Even the slightest direct sound that you hear from your reference amp will affect your perception when you do the A/B comparison.
    Try to pull the cable whenever you switch to the profile. When the slightest sound of the reference amp was bleeding thru the air into your room, you will miss it now, making the A/B comparison fail.

Anyway, in a future update you will have the ability to mute the reference amp by switching to the browser mode.

CK

• This is done in purpose. If the reference amp was muted, when you switch to the profile, the A/B comparison would be bad. Even the slightest direct sound that you hear from your reference amp will affect your perception when you do the A/B comparison.
    Try to pull the cable whenever you switch to the profile. When the slightest sound of the reference amp was bleeding thru the air into your room, you will miss it now, making the A/B comparison fail.

Anyway, in a future update you will have the ability to mute the reference amp by switching to the browser mode.

CK

Cool! I have to say, congrats on a phenomenal new product Christoph.....having a blast with it so far here at Stranded On A Planet! And the KPA is more than holding its own along with our great tube amps.

• The a/b feature is great to have, AND it would be nice to be able to mute the signal to the real amp, BUT unless you have your amp in a completely sound proof room where you're not hearing anything other than what's coming out your monitors, you will never really be able to accurately A/B that way.

The most accurate way to A/B, in my opinion, is to just record both and listen. That way you know you aren't being swayed by any other sound.

• The a/b feature is great to have, AND it would be nice to be able to mute the signal to the real amp, BUT unless you have your amp in a completely sound proof room where you're not hearing anything other than what's coming out your monitors, you will never really be able to accurately A/B that way.

But yes, you are. The sound of the reference amp, when bleeding in just softly, will not harm the A/B comparison. We've been doing this for ages. The only little problem is, that the profile will appear a bit different, once the A/B is finished, and the reference amp is switched off.

CK

• This is done in purpose. If the reference amp was muted, when you switch to the profile, the A/B comparison would be bad. Even the slightest direct sound that you hear from your reference amp will affect your perception when you do the A/B comparison.

CK

I totally agree on that. it is better a slight reference amp to be present anyway in tha A/B comparison to have the right feeling. Obiously if we cannot put the reference amp in another room... thanks Mr. Kemper again for this unbelievable product, and please continue to develop on it and to improve all the things! :thumbup: