while I'm at it;;;;Does kemper profile speaker breakup?

• AS I'm a week into the whole profiling thing, I am coming across lots of little questions etc.

So, does kemper profile speaker breakup?

obviously that's a big part of some sounds and the reason people choose certain speakers for certain amps.

If they don't, then there seems little point in doing double profiles each time you profile different settings once you have made one studio profile with the speaker and mics of your choice. you would just do all Di profiles and paste the original cab from the studio profile on to every Di profile and merge it.

M

• Below is an excerpt from the profiling manual (sorry for the partly messed up text - it doesn't translate well through copy-paste). Look at the last paragraph in particular.

It doesn't state whether this information is saved in the cab section of a profile or in the amp section of the profile, however.

• thanks Michael, then that would tend to suggest it does profile speaker break up. I'm interested though in how that relates to cab IR's and the like though.

So if you do a DI profile how does a cabinet 'know' what the amp would do to it if you add a cab to it? Is this a dynamic process or a simple snapshot?, does it change with the amp level?

As a new profiler I'm interested in getting the best out of my own amp collection.

M