Connections, Connections and more Connections. Need assistance with what should go where.

• Hi everyone.

I'm all new to this digital studio hookup deal and really need some help with setup. Guitar player from way back when and know analog but need to get my new home studio set up.

I have my Kemper and my Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 us.focusrite.com/usb-audio-interfaces/scarlett-6i6 audio interface hooked up through spdif. My audio interface USB'd to computer (PC). Firstly, do I need both spdif hooked up to each other since they are stereo each?
    Secondly, should I just hook up my outputs from the audio interface to the mixer or the main outs from the Kemper?

My DAW is Sonar Platinum.

Thank you and God bless,
    Craig

• Hi Craig, and welcome.

1. You only need the signal going from the KPA out to the 6i6 in unless you're reamping (where you want the unprocessed signal back to KPA). The one spdif-cable delivers stereo.
    2. Go to your speakers from the output of the 6i6. The 6i6 provides direct monitoring (works with the digital input as well) which has to be activated within the mix controll software.

Make sure to read the KPA manual, especially the chapter regarding the output section. The signal sent to your interface can be set up in different ways. It's explained very well.

Cheers and have fun with your new machine!

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...