Direct out stopped working?

• Last night I recorded some stuff and as always, I recorded the direct signal as well for editing purposes or re-amping if the sound isnt jiving with the mix. Everything worked great. Tonight I went to record again and no signal from the direct out as well. I turned off the Kemper and a loud hum started to come through the speakers from the direct out signal. I swapped out cable, held down the system button and turned it on hoping a system reset would resolve the issue. No luck. I turned off Kemper again and again loud hum coming through the direct out signal. Any ideas?

• No loop. Spdif out to Sdif on my interface, then direct out to input 1 on my interface. Worked perfectly Thursday and Friday night, not working at all now. Leaves me scratching my head. Not a deal breaker, I have di boxes I can use, but it would be nice to have everything working.
    I guess I didnt explain well enough in first post but i did do a system reset, following the instructions posted all over the forum (holding system down until it says initialiizing) and once that is done with it takes me to a set up page where you enter time, date, and user name.

• I guess I didnt explain well enough in first post but i did do a system reset, following the instructions posted all over the forum (holding system down until it says initialiizing) and once that is done with it takes me to a set up page where you enter time, date, and user name.

Yes, that is supposed to happen. And afterwards it should work.
    What leaves me scratching my head however is that it used to work, then suddenly stopped, right?

I think you should definitely contact support for this one and open a support ticket

• So I did a restart again and used a 3rd different cord that I know works and I still had no direct out signal. I quickly realized that I NEED the direct out for profiling. I am doing a small profiling session tomorrow! So I threw the Kemper into Profiling mode, and instantly had a signal again. Put it back into Browser mode and still have a signal. Im thrilled that its working, but I dont get it. Im wondering if there is some issue with my unit. Ill mess with it some more tonight to see if it acts up, but for whatever reason, it is working again just by flipping it to profile mode and then back to browser mode.

• Someone else has the issue too? Thats good that you think it can be fixed with firmware. I was hoping I would not have to send it back. I contacted support and wrote them the following:

Hello. I am really enjoying my Kemper! I have had a few quirks with it so far. The main one is the direct out is acting strange. I have had the Kemper for 6 days now. The first 3 days the direct out worked just as it should. However then it just stopped working altogether. I have been using the direct out to record dry signal to my recording to re amp later if the sound isnt working in the mix. Anyways, I was getting no signal at all from the direct out. I did a restart on the Kemper (holding down System while starting up the Kemper) with no luck. I then swapped out 3 different cords to make sure I didnt have a bad cord. No luck. So I did a few more restarts all with no luck. So I switched into Profile mode and it instantly came on. Switched back to Browser mode and everything was fine again. IS it possible this is a bug or may I have a faulty unit? Also, sometimes when switching over to Profile mode, it doesnt switch at all. I have to turn it back to Browser mode and then back to Profile mode before it will launch the profile assistant. Is this normal behavior? Your assistance will be much appreciated. Thank you! Jeff