Love the Kemper remote but...

• I know this subject has been talked about many times, but not being able to control the parameters of all the effects in the Kemper is a serious issue. I was able to control every parameter with the Axe Fx 2 and the MFC100. This should be a priority because it makes no sense that you can't control the effects with a cheap controller. Although the Kemper Remote is very convenient and works well, I could've purchased the RJM Mastermind GT which would've given me control over the parameters of the effects. I hope Kemper addresses this issue quickly. Another issues is that you can only control just the program change of 2 MIDI devices and that's it. I would be nice to be ablate control the parameters of other devices.

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• What do you mean by controlling parameters? Like bend down on stage to change the delay amount?

Can you give an example of what you're trying to do but can't with the KPA?

I can definitely control the parameters on the KPA.

• I use an FCB1010 to morph the parameters of any effect on the KPA. Is this what you’re talking about?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• With morph I can change many parameters at once and it blends between the two smoothly. If I need a radically different effect or sound I move to the next rig. No compromise. :)

• What do you mean by controlling parameters? Like bend down on stage to change the delay amount?

Change delay volume, increase delay feedback, change delay time, change reverb volume, change delay and reverb volume with one expression pedalstc

Friedman BE100, Suhr PT100SE, Mesa Boogie Dual Recto,EVH 5150 iii S, 68' Metro/Friedman Plexi, Vox AC30 (2) Marshall 1960B, Port City 2 x 12 OS Wave, Scumback speakers (4)BH75,(4)M75,(4)H75,(1)H55(1)Celestion V30 Fryette PS attenuator, Mesa Boogie 2 90, Kemper Profiler amp and tons of rack and fx pedals
    ProTools 10.3.5 HD5 , Logic Pro 10.1,Ableton 9 Live. Dynaudio BM6a with BM9S sub and Focals Alpha 80

• I use an FCB1010 to morph the parameters of any effect on the KPA. Is this what you’re talking about?

I also have the FCB1010 and I also have the RJM Mastermind PBC(which unfortunately only has 1 expression pedal) I bought the Kemper Remote because I wanted to have just 1 cable to running into the unit like I used to use with the Fractal MFC100. I'm trying to slim down my system so I can use just the Kemper Profiler. Right now I'm using one of my Eventide H9 and a Strymon Timeline either through the stereo fx loop or using a mixer to blend the fxs with the Kemper and I have to use 2 extra expression pedals, one for the H9 and another for the Timeline.
    I was able to control many parameters with the RJM Mastermind PBC but the pedalboard is to big and the FCB1010 doesn't display the name of the patches. I have back issues so I'm trying to get rid of as much weight as possible.

Controlling CC# for the parameters of the delay, reverb, etc. For example controlling the delay mix or volume, delay feedback, delay time, reverb volume or mix, etc. Also controlling MIDI devices plugged into the Kemper. It only allows you to change PC# on the 2 MIDI outs.

• Why not just use Morphing or performance mode? How many settings do you realistically need?

I use performance mode, but with my band I need control over many different parameters because we strive to sounds like the songs from a band we're covering. Have you try to do the exact echoplex effect in the middle part from Days and Confused? Or the hyperspace pedal used in many Boston songs? With my old system I was able to do that, but due to back issues I had to change my system and although the Kemper Profiler sounds better than my old Axe Fx 2, it doesn't have the flexibility to control many parameters simultaneously.
    I've never used Morphing but I read what it does so it doesn't look like is what I'm after. Perhaps with my explanation you'll have an idea. There are many threads that talk about the inability of the Kemper Remote to control CC# with the 4 Expression pedals that it's able to have plugged into the unit.Thanks!

• Try Morph and then let's continue ;)

Ok thanks.

• Try Morph and then let's continue ;)

And to think that I hesitated! It works as expected! Thanks. Now the other issue is controlling my H9 or Strymon Timeline. I use the H9 as a doubler because it's much better than the Kemper's(in my opinion) I use several levels of doubling from mild to more prominent(from 15% to 50%) depending on the song. The Strymon Timeline has more options as far as delay. The Kemper reverb is not too bad so I use that part of the Kemper effects because I can only control the PC# on only 2 MIDI effects so I can't use my 2nd H9. But many of my delay effects I can use the Kemper's. I haven't found a digital delay that works like an Echoplex which you can manipulate the repeats and delay time to get the Hyperspace effects or the Jimmy Page effect on "Whole Lot of Love" I was able to do it with the Axe Fx 2 because you can select a delay to control how fast or slow you want the parameter go from 0 to 100%. I'll try to see if I can replicate it with Morph with the Rise and Fall time parameters Thanks again.

• I'd be tempted to run a dedicated expression pedal on your Strymon if you want to be able to ride parameters in real time, which can be really cool. If you're just moving between sounds then morphing and performances should handle most things.

One thing to note is that morphing doesn't turn effects on/off, so you have to start with it on but mixed to zero to achieve that.

• I'd be tempted to run a dedicated expression pedal on your Strymon if you want to be able to ride parameters in real time, which can be really cool. If you're just moving between sounds then morphing and performances should handle most things.

One thing to note is that morphing doesn't turn effects on/off, so you have to start with it on but mixed to zero to achieve that.

Yeah, that's what I did at my last gig. This is the pedalboard that I was using with my Kemper and my 4 amp setup before having back issues.

Images

• How about an expression pedal with 2 outputs? Can you setup your H9 or Timeline effects so they give you exactly the range you want with a full expression pedal travel? Might be the easiest way instead of using MIDI and all its hassles?

My be worth looking into. Thanks!