3rd Party Profilers Facing Legal Issues?

• Hello,

A couple mates and I have been busy at work for the past six months profiling our amps (about 20 amps) for the pop/rock/fusion/country genres and are about to embark on the commercial profiling adventure. Being the business mind of our team, I am currently in the process of trademarking our name and hiring a lawyer for various legal matters. I figure it's best to get all of this out of the way before our official launch.

My question is addressed to my fellow commercial profilers. Have you faced and/or are you facing any legal issues that someone like myself should work to negate, proactively?

Basically, I'm asking if major amp maker lawyers have told you to stop selling profiles of their amps.

Or, as long as a guy doesn't actually assert connection to a particular amp model or maker, is everything well and good?

Thanks.

• I think the way people have been getting around it is by using phrasing like “seeking to mimic the tones of....” as well as making up fictitious names like Marzipan Soup Ladle (marshall super lead) and so on and so forth

• A common phrase I see utilized by commercial profilers is: "seeking to recreate the tones of..." [insert make and model]

-or "seeking to recreate the sound of...[insert make and model]

Cheers,
    John