• John McLaughlin & Jimmy Herring: A Meeting of the Spirits : 11/4/17 : The Capitol Theatre Full Show

So I am sitting at work & previewing this video in anticipation of the show this Saturday with John McLaughlin. Barely made it through the first set of JH and The Invisible Whip and I am floored. Man, this guy is really phenomenal, and I am digging his tone - can't wait to go home and try to do some tone matching with the profiles I own, but wondering if what I have will come close... see the quote below for his rig back in 2016. Any recommendations on how to get similar tones on the Kemper? (@ times in video listed for reference) Wondering if the H&K Tube Factor can be captured in a profile? I think I will start with some Dumble ODS & similar profiles...

13:23
    29:22
    38:58
    49:31
    54:09

A friend on another forum said:

When Panic was in Baltimore in Sept 2016 I was able to go up on stage between the sets. He was using a Homestead amp that night into a Germino 4x12 with an Orange 4x12 running his reverb. The reverb unit was the Eventide Space, going into a couple of Class D power amps. He had a Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor, and a volume pedal for his only before-amp effects.

Not sure if this is still accurate. Thanks in advance!

• Very special sound. He likes the middle humbucker pu of his prs. Never seen that before.

If i had to search for this sound i would start with a fender bandmaster and different cabs or a tube thomas.
    He uses a very hard reverb imho.

Cheers
    Frank

• You can run a wet/dry rig with a single Profiler. All you need are multiple speakers and the correct output source assignments in the output menu.

• It was an awesome show. Jimmy Herring & the Invisible Whip opened with a tight jammy set. John McLaughlin & The Fourth Dimension got off to a slow start - they had to swap out one of John's amps for some reason - but then played a nice set too. John is definitely doing his best not to be slowed down by arthritis - we could see him using a hand warmer occasionally - and definitely rose to the occasion. They collectively closed with both bands playing Mahavishnu Orchestra tunes including of course, Birds of Fire.

As impressive as both John and Jimmy were, the supporting bands were also smoking hot, including Jason Crosby on violin and keys, Etienne Mbappé on bass (never seen a bass player where gloves before but da-hamn!), Ranjit Barot on drums. (just to name a couple of the guys - the others not mentioned are certainly noteworthy.

I have some videos, I may try to upload at some point but they are on facebook if you are interested.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Man, that was a great show!

A little Jimmy Herring:

External Content
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And some John McLaughlin:

External Content

External Content