Looking forward to seeing whether Kemper does a floorboard. If not, then what?

• I don't get people saying Helix is so affordable. I definitely think the LT is probably considered a cheaper alternative but where im at the kemper cost about the same as the standard helix.......

You’re wrong, sorry. The standard Helix is much cheaper than the KPA :
    - Helix Rack € 1173,-
    - Helix Remote € 339,-
    - Helix € 1222,-
    So even the Helix Rack + Remote = cheaper than the KPA without Remote.

• You’re wrong, sorry. The standard Helix is much cheaper than the KPA :
    - Helix Rack € 1173,-
    - Helix Remote € 339,-
    - Helix € 1222,-
    So even the Helix Rack + Remote = cheaper than the KPA without Remote.

I'm not wrong and neither are you. We apparently live in different countries. Here the helix standard is 1500 us dollars. I paid about that for my kemper and remote brand new. The Fractal Ax8 is cheaper than helix in my area. I am guessing the currency exchange rate and taxes and tariffs could make the prices different in other countries.

• The helix didn't sound good to me when I tried it. It has that digital noise the pods always had. The fractal units and the kemper sounded like they were in a different league. The Helix has signal routing far beyond anything else though. The ax8 was quite a bit cheaper thsn helix when i tried it. Of course when im spending 1500 to 2000 dollars on a unit the sound quality is more important than a couple hundred dollars price difference. Interesting how every country the prices are so different. In the end whatever keeps you playing is the best choice.

• The helix didn't sound good to me when I tried it. It has that digital noise the pods always had. The fractal units and the kemper sounded like they were in a different league. The Helix has signal routing far beyond anything else though. The ax8 was quite a bit cheaper thsn helix when i tried it. Of course when im spending 1500 to 2000 dollars on a unit the sound quality is more important than a couple hundred dollars price difference. Interesting how every country the prices are so different. In the end whatever keeps you playing is the best choice.

The difference is usually on account of the customs duty and shipping charges involved. On top of that, some merchants want a higher margin than others.

Over here in Singapore, for example, I find some products that are more expensive than American prices and some that are less. I bought my TD30K for I think a bit less than the US price.

And in that regard, there's always currency conversion to factor in. We look at the google exchange rate, but banks and other financing companies are usually horrible on things like that.

• Here the helix standard is 1500 us dollars. I paid about that for my kemper and remote brand new.

Highly doubt you bought yours for $1500.00 anywhere brand new with remote man, maybe used yeah, just sayin

Even in Singapore the bundle is 2500+ US Dollars which is no surprise since it's the most expensive city in the world haha.

https://www.thomann.de/gb/kemp…iling_amp_rack_bk_set.htm
    2536.86 US Dollar

https://www.andertons.co.uk/gu…itch-set-kemperrackremote
    2132.08 US Dollar

• I've tried the Helix twice. Once in hardware land and a second time using Native. Both times I came away very, very underwhelmed. Yes, it has features/functionality out the wazoo but if the tone sucks; who cares how many signal chains and amps I can run at once? I have heard great clips of it but it just didn't feel or sound right for me.

That big "announcement" out of the way; I would be glad to give it a go on it's current FW through a traditional cab. I recently came back from FRFR land and a real cab is just soooooooo much better than I remembered it being.

• I've tried the Helix twice. Once in hardware land and a second time using Native. Both times I came away very, very underwhelmed. Yes, it has features/functionality out the wazoo but if the tone sucks; who cares how many signal chains and amps I can run at once? I have heard great clips of it but it just didn't feel or sound right for me.

That big "announcement" out of the way; I would be glad to give it a go on it's current FW through a traditional cab. I recently came back from FRFR land and a real cab is just soooooooo much better than I remembered it being.

It definately takes a lot of tweaking. The setlist i tweaked for my shows sounds absolutely nothing like the presets that come with the Helix. The guy who dialled those in should get fired, and i should have his job haha!

• Bending ove to adjust is a pain. But so is running 6 cables between the Kemper on a stand and your floorboard if you use pre and post pedals.. Just as it's possible that someone spills something on your floor gear, it's also possible that some idiot trips on the cables between your KPA and pedalboard and knocks it over in the process. I do most of my heavy tweaking when I'm not set up for a gig. Long ago I used a Pod HD. When doing heavy tweaking during the week, I'd plop it on a table, pull up a chair and guitar, and tweak to my hearts content. With less set up time as well.