Carol Ann Tucana

• I'm a lapsed Kemper user and am in love with the Carol-Ann Tucana 3 model in the Fractal AX8 -- it's supposedly one of the most accurate models in the Axe since it was created with the help of Alan Phillips (of Carol-Ann amps). Did I mention how much I love this amp model?

On an unrelated note, I've been looking the last couple days and I haven't come across any profiles and/or demos of a Tucana 3. Are there any in Rig Exchange these days?

Just, uhm... ya know, curious.

SIDENOTE: late at night just as I'm falling asleep, I sometimes think I hear rmpacheco's Morgan AC20 whispering to me <sniff>

• I just got my Kemper and am working on profiling my Carol-Ann Tucana 3. So far I've only profiled it clean and it sounds pretty darn close. I profiled it DI and amp/cab (1x12/SM57Beta) and then made a merged profile.

• I just got my Kemper and am working on profiling my Carol-Ann Tucana 3. So far I've only profiled it clean and it sounds pretty darn close. I profiled it DI and amp/cab (1x12/SM57Beta) and then made a merged profile.

The CA cleans up nicely too. If you profile the Lead channel let us know if you post them to Rig Exchange!

• Will do. I have the clean channel as a merged profile and also my King of Tone pedal through the clean channel the same. I plan to profile the B & C channels as well. There is a Lead button on the foot controller and it is really a boost, so is there a particular setup you'd like me to profile with it? I can give it a shot. On the OD channels I generally run the EQ with T=2 o'clock, M=1 o'clock, B=2 o'clock. The B channel gain at 10 o'clock and C channel gain at noon. Input levels at noon.

• The BMTs are very similar to yours...roughly...

Ch: B/C
    Input Gain: Noon
    Overdrive: 3:00 to dimed
    T: 2:30
    M: noon
    B: 3:00
    Presence: noon
    Master: 11:00 or so.

Closed-back w/ Celestion G12H-30

What I love about the CA, is there are so many great settings!

Overdrive: 10:00 ... JTM45, AC/DC
    Overdrive: 12:00 ... Plexi on steroids, maybe Scorpions
    Overdrive: 3:00 ... Friedman HBE-100
    Overdrive: dimed ... Friedman HBE-100 on steroids

• Will do. I have the clean channel as a merged profile and also my King of Tone pedal through the clean channel the same. I plan to profile the B & C channels as well. There is a Lead button on the foot controller and it is really a boost, so is there a particular setup you'd like me to profile with it? I can give it a shot. On the OD channels I generally run the EQ with T=2 o'clock, M=1 o'clock, B=2 o'clock. The B channel gain at 10 o'clock and C channel gain at noon. Input levels at noon.

This is a nice sounding amp no doubt, wow! Highly looking forward to hearing this Scott, if you so generously up it to the RE. :thumbup:

I'm all for the merged profiles and the setting you've outlined sound great from what I've heard.

Thanks!