STL Tones profiles??

• There is defiantly some Gems in the pack Chad mentioned, (Crummet pack) its down to personal taste in the others as the quality is there in the packs that i have, but some i dont use because of the subjective blah , but that does not mean they sound crap :)

some packs you would need to have that type of taste to like.
    if you were getting the first pack off them, i would try the pack Chad mentions, thats my goto for STL ATM.
    Crummet pack, MESA and Brown eye are INSANE. Chad is spot on man, its creepy as every thing he likes is exactly
    how my ear works, its like a creepy clone of my ears LOL and i dread his posts as i know ill be broke for 2 weeks :D
    One or 2 decent ones in the Putney pack

I did not mind the Andy James pack, :rolleyes:
    Okay , its time for my quick bit of BS.... :P
    Since the price is above the average rig pack, if it was me (not saying I am the authority blah )
    IF IT WAS ME. :) I would offer an exchange on the STL packs as long as you find some thing you like and stick to it
    FOR EXAMPLE...if i did not like the Bulb pack i could exchange it for the Crummet pack
    But then again what do i know :whistling::D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Bought the wade and feldman bundles. You get one or two useful profiles out of it, but thats about it. The STL stuff always seems to have something harsh in the upper mids. Not really worth the money if you ask me, which is sad because i love the producers that they feature

• I agree!! some of it is GREAT
    BUT

Yeah there should be a fair exchange created to ENSURE a customer security blanket IMHO since the packs are so high priced!
    like i said, you cant charge top dollar and have no customer satisfaction options.
    how about exchanges and options, its like cutting your own throat.
    but thats just me ...

BAH.i am off for a beer (or 2)
    Would you expect any thing less of me :D:rolleyes::love::thumbup:
    Like you Brother, I love their work but i think they can use some of our opinions
    OK? :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Didn't someone setup a reamp deal where you could pre test profiles?

If anything I think it would result in less sales tbh for quite a few sellers.....

Its at least good to see a few people feel the same way ...noticing their history of views on YT looks like the interest has dropped quite a bit.

• The way to make their YouTubes USEFUL for customers
    is to give us tones /sound samples from rigs on multiple guitars
    NOT PRODUCER BLAH SALES PITCH

Warning Ash is on the "heart to help" high horse again :rolleyes:
    Nah man seriously. All as they need to do is the following

1) Make YouTube's with RIGS SOUNDING ON GUITARS For F sake(not blah bah <X )
    2) OFFER a fair exchange option for customers that buy the packs (so they don't loose customers who pay a high price)
    Does not scare off future sales :P

Ah is any of this gonna really gonna make a difference?
    id rather chase pussy and beer and play both my kempers :rolleyes::love::thumbup:
    Jokes!

maybe they will listen and comment? :P:rolleyes:
    Your welcome STL

Ash

• Many vendors, say Britt, Bert, Andy, etc do not show off, and some of them, say Mick from TMS, even encourage us to try freebies and give feedback about them. It's the buyers and not the sellers who may say that some pack is the "ultimate" one or whatever.

Great freebies from those guys, along with Top Jimi, Reampzone, LiveReady, Mattfig, and most recently Tone Junkies (I'm sure I've forgotten a few) are why I own so many profiles from all of them. Between reasonable prices, and getting to try the profiles with my gear, I don't want to take a chance paying higher prices for stuff I can't try. I'm not going to tell anyone how to run a business or how to spend their money, but I know what works for me.

• the only reason I bought the complete bulb bundle was a couple of YouTube videos posted on another thread here on djent tones and I loved the mixreadyness. Sadly so far everything sounds far from what I listened to. Wish I could get the money back. Seriously!

• the only reason I bought the complete bulb bundle was a couple of YouTube videos posted on another thread here on djent tones and I loved the mixreadyness. Sadly so far everything sounds far from what I listened to. Wish I could get the money back. Seriously!

Are you using the same pickups they did?

To be fair that is a big part of the equation.

• Got some of their packs and I really like them for studio use; they’re more “mix-ready” than other profile makers.

Pricey as hell, but if you do studio work and reamping a lot, they can easily become your go-to packs and ultimately save a lot time by a)limiting choices and b)providing tones that require less work to sit in the mix.

I wouldn’t suggest them for live use though, as they would require heavy EQ tweaking to sound right at loud volumes; basically the reason why they sound great in the studio is the same why they would rip your ears off at gig volumes lol.
    For that kind of usage, my favs are Britt, Bert Meulendijk, Tone Junkie (especially the Bend Sun pack), VH4profiles.com Diezel VH4 pack and Pete’s Profiles 20th Anniversary Bogner Ecstasy profiles.

Hope this helps :)

• ok so I just asked the owner at klanggeist studios who did a couple of YouTube videos using the packs and told me that 81's were used for tracking. I tried 81's and bkp's and got nowhere near close enough to decent. Apparently the engineer is waaaay better than me and I am just a client who expects quality as I pay for something well advertised right out of the box.

• Hey guys.

maybe I could help you out or at least point you in the right direction. I still think that the STl Tones are great source tones. But as always
    You have to push it a bit further. I've added a screenshot. These are the major EQ tweeks which you can try to implement in your kemper via EQ sections.

First:
    Search for the low resonance and get rid of it. It is always a different frequency, depending on the guitar you use. Sweep with a high Q beween 150Hz and 230Hz or even higher.
    Once you got rid of it you should have a much more clearer tone.
    Also look for higher resonances. Also seen in the EQ.

The agression was introduced with the SSL EQ. I always boost in the range of 1,5kHz for that mid range djent tone. (You can achieve this via Kemper EQ also)

At least I boosted a little more with a highshelf which should be easily done with the high or presence knob on the kemper.

Hope I could point you in the right direction.
    Goodbye!

PS I made the videos on YouTube.

Edited once, last by srn ().

• I snagged the Sky Dreams pack when it was offered up as a freebie. I only got to mess with it last night with headphones (ugh). They sounded really nice in the cans but are they usable in real world situations for what I do? Can't tell you tbh. I'll know more then I get to blast it through my 2x12 at volume :) The one with Octave in the name was actually really awesome. Pull back a bunch of the verb and delay and I bet it would be killer for a (lot) subtler atmospheric approach. All this said; I wouldn't pony up the amount they are asking for a lot of their packs. Too rich for my blood when there's already 1500+ profiles sitting in my local library.

• Fired up the Sky Dreams at volume this weekend. My favorite profile is Clean 2 Bridge. The clarity of this profile is just stupid. Enough so that it makes me wonder how their profiles some gain sound. I don't honestly have the budget to find out but I will for sure be keeping an eye on any other freebies they throw out there.

• Where are you finding the freebies? Being unable to test their profiles has been my biggest hurdle to giving them a chance.

Fired up the Sky Dreams at volume this weekend. My favorite profile is Clean 2 Bridge. The clarity of this profile is just stupid. Enough so that it makes me wonder how their profiles some gain sound. I don't honestly have the budget to find out but I will for sure be keeping an eye on any other freebies they throw out there.