STL Tones profiles??

• I'm so nuts with EQ in the Kemper and in post that all profiles are sounding similar to me. STL has a cab that I like to use. They have great marketing and who am I to go against it?

It doesn't matter how good the demos sound from the seller. Perfect example is topjimi. That dude can friggin play. If you do not have a similar guitar, setup, pickups, picking technique,etc.. It's not going to sound the same. You'll be disappointed over and over.

All IMHO

• Got the ambient one, but never received an email about the 5150. Wasn't in spam folder either. Oh, well.

it's on the bottom of the front page of their website. You have to sign up for their mailing list. I ended up signing up with my other email address as I will end up buying some profiles if I like the sounds of things.

• it's on the bottom of the front page of their website. You have to sign up for their mailing list. I ended up signing up with my other email address as I will end up buying some profiles if I like the sounds of things.

I signed up, but didn't get any mail. When I "purchased" the free ambient pack, I got that one.

• Yup what Anthony said , now that my bitching and moaning post are done, ill focus on the GOOD STL does.
    Ant showed me the Hate profile, we both bought the packs BTW, (Putney pack)
    did not know about the cab will check them, there are some Outstanding packs from them too guys
    just start with the ones we said are top notch, you wont go wrong with them
    all have worked well on my Strat (seymore butts pu's) and Gibson LP (stock pu's)

Yup this is why i always ask what pick up was used in the refining and what position!
    Any ways i am not posting more until i test more packs :)

sincerely
    Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• I tried to subscribe with a different email address, and I received the free profiles. No idea why the other one wasn't working. There was nothing in the spam folder, either.

@ashtweth, I agree with you. Different guitars and pickups sound very different with the Kemper, which is something I really like about it. I typically use a 57 Classic, a JB, and an Alnico Pro 2 and some profilers sound great with all of these, while some only work with one or none. I'm not going to bash someone for making profiles that don't sound good with my gear, though, because they probably sound great with a Tele, a Strat, or a Gretsch. There are a couple of the big name profilers that just really don't work with my gear. I hear the sound clips from them and from third parties, and they sound great, though. I may give some feedback on my thoughts on some profiles, if a profiler seems interested, but the only way I am going to bash one is if I get awful customer service. So far, I have received excellent service from every, single profiler I have interacted with.

• Tried the 5150iii profiles last night. I was impressed by the ambient-ish clean green profile but the blue and red were notched mids city :( All the usual disclaimers of different guitar, different monitoring solution etc etc etc apply.

• Received my Bendeth pack over the weekend. Was able to give it a quick run through and easily pulled about 12 profiles over to my Kemper for long term use.Some really great profiles in there. In particular...I love some of the Friedman BE and VHT Pitbull profiles. I have waited a long time to get some VHT Pitbull profiles and this pack does it for me. The mid gain VHT profiles with the 57 & 421 mic combo are just amazing with my humbucker guitars. I have never been a huge fan of Diezel amps but this pack has 3 or 4 really GREAT VH4 profiles. I am impressed. I haven't had a chance to really dive into the Tyler, Fender, Supro and bass guitar profiles yet but I will later in the week.

I will try to record a couple of clips but between this and the Kris Crummett pack I am really good to go. Thanks STL Tones!!

• Just wanted to Thank Chad and STL for the good work they are doing, some of the packs are essential guys, i have found Chad to be 100% reliable in his reports, i trust this report the Bendeth, the Crummett report was 100% on track blew me away straight away NO tweaking,, looks like we cannot go wrong on the Crummett and Bendeth packs.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Tried the Crummett pack last week and hated it. Wasn’t testing in my normal digs, so I’m reserving total condemnation until that happens but my initial impression was sour. Only liked the AC30 and Fender breakup profiles. Everything sounded like over compressed, muffled noise to me... :/

• Tried the Crummett pack last week and hated it. Wasn’t testing in my normal digs, so I’m reserving total condemnation until that happens but my initial impression was sour. Only liked the AC30 and Fender breakup profiles. Everything sounded like over compressed, muffled noise to me... :/

Really? Goes to show you everyone likes different tones. I thought it was great and have about 10 profiles I use for recording all the time. They sound great in a mix to me.

I'd love to hear @MementoMori clips. If you hate it, share and let us hear whats wrong.

• I'd love to hear @MementoMori clips. If you hate it, share and let us hear whats wrong.

Unfortunately had to take my home setup down (was testing in a different location) so I wouldn't be able to record for a while. I don't think there's anything "wrong" per-se, I just personally didn't like them. Most of the time people here share clips of "amazing sounding" profiles, I think they sound awful for one reason or another. It's just personal taste. I found much of the Crummett pack to be noisy so much as to lose articulation. You have to gate the hell out of them, but that doesn't help when you want to articulate a full chord (think Opeth) and you wind up with a distorted block of noise, which makes the digital artifacts more pronounced.

• Same for me, I feel like ripping my skin off when hearing many of the tones people consider "great". If I have learned something with kemper, it's persicely that.

But taste is taste as we know. It is possible to dislike something without being a nazi about it too (apart from a few exceptions where the people profiling seem not have never miced up a cab before..)

Personally I thought stl pack I tried was ok. Had quite a bit of fun with soloing because of some of the profiles were quite muddy for my standard. Or "smooth" for a lack of a better term.

I wouldn't use pack I tried in a mix after testing. For lead i could. For rhythm highly unlikely. But I can see how someone will like them for rhythm, probably for the same reason I Do not.

• Still waiting for something that will even make me remotely consider buying from these guys... the marketing and hype sure doesn't equate to actual buzz on this site or any other for that matter... and no real user clips anywhere? This whole thing is super fishy to me.

• Still waiting for something that will even make me remotely consider buying from these guys... the marketing and hype sure doesn't equate to actual buzz on this site or any other for that matter... and no real user clips anywhere? This whole thing is super fishy to me.

I created another thread about the Kris Crummett pack and it included some clips I recorded. I would like to record more but I just haven't had the time in the holiday season thus far. I will try and get some more clips up soon.