STL Tones profiles??

• Overpriced profiles that I cannot use but....I bought the twin reverb profiles at Black Friday. (I am a '65 Blackface Twin Reverb owner) Certainly the best profiles until now for a very reasonable price and I' ve got several ones (commercial) so I believe they know their business. I have not had the time to try out their other more simple and reasonably priced packages that I've bought. Still I am not fond of their marketing and overpriced packs. Would love to see the Tone Junkies take that amp on but until then: these are clearly my favourites.

• To be fair i challenge any one of you to not be satisfied with the Crummet Pack, its looking like the Benson is just as good atm, granted you have to have a specific taste for the Putney pack (still a few gems there if your weird like me)

I suggest you START with those packs (Crummet/Benson) as they have the greatest positive feedback so far.

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• To be fair i challenge any one of you to not be satisfied with the Crummet Pack, its looking like the Benson is just as good atm, granted you have to have a specific taste for the Putney pack (still a few gems there if your weird like me)

Tried the Crummett pack last week and hated it.

:D

• I forgot to say every one except Dylan LOL... :D
    Well one day we will appease the mighty MM :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Let's just come back to reality here: sure anyone can charge whatever they want for said product, but these profiles have in no way shape or form lived up to the hype of their marketing or names behind the profiles. Reviews are generally negative, AT BEST.

• Yes let's do, You have to be specific, I am yet to find more people not liking the crummet pack than do, you have not even tested the Bendeth pack or crummett ? It's best to be specific they do some good work, the price may be high but if you get some rigs out of a specific pack you like to me it can be worth it

Ash

Edited once, last by ashtweth ().

• Not saying STL can’t make some good stuff. The underlying point is that their marketing pitch coupled with their pricing suggests they can do things that other profilers can’t or do it far superior. Everything I’ve tried thus far shows it’s often no better than freebies from someone who knows how to mic a cab. For the price and the hype you expect a lot more. There they underwhelm and invoke stronger opinions because of it.

So while there were a few profiles that were ok from the Crummett pack (Fender & Vox, which is odd to say), that’s not a glowing endorsement or something I couldn’t get from a commercial pack at a fraction of the price.

But I’ve learned that the KPA has limitations of its own and often profiles have a similar quality imposed on them. If that’s the case, then can you really pay more for ultimately something that likely isn’t all that different from what’s already out there? Plus, STL calls themselves the “worldwide authority on Kemper profiles”, which is absurd.

• Do they have samples of the Crummet pack anywhere? I got the Sky Dreams pack and absolutely loved a couple of profiles in it, then got that 5150 III freebie and was absolutely turned off by it. The clarity of the sky dreams pack is astounding imo.

• I can't speak for everyone else's experience but I have loved the Crummett pack! I have found many usable profiles. Some of which have become recording mainstays. The Bendeth pack has been really good too. The Howard Benson didn't garner as many but it had some amazing profiles of a Wizard amp. I have tried a few of the other profiles stated in this thread and wasn't exactly inspired by them either. A lot of the free stuff wasn't that great for me. I am not by any means a complete fanboy but I have found these packs mentioned to be very, very good for my needs and setup.

All of that being said...they aren't for everyone. It is so amazing that we have a community of commercial and free profilers that meet the needs of our community. You don't like something...move on to the next set of profiles. You do like it...support the commercial vendors that scratch your itch. I'm just happy I can find what I need from so many different vendors. I have no desire to profile so I love the fact we have so many to choose from. Thank goodness I'm in a good place in life where I can afford to take a risk and buy profiles without a budget tying me down. We all define value differently. Find your value and support where you can.

@JiveTurkey I'm the same gibson5413 from the GuitarAmpBoard and Rig-Talk. I posted some sound samples in another thread of the Krummet pack. Reach out to me on the side if the clips don't work and I'd be happy to help you with sound clips.

• and once again, we do a fellow kemperer a favor by just expressing our feelings on certain 3rd party stuff. We're all free here to review profiles from an unbiased perspective. They're no kpa authority, not the best around, very expensive, kind of useless and last but not least. ..stay away from the bulb bundle, it sounds nothing like it's supposed to be.

• But I’ve learned that the KPA has limitations of its own and often profiles have a similar quality imposed on them. If that’s the case, then can you really pay more for ultimately something that likely isn’t all that different from what’s already out there? Plus, STL calls themselves the “worldwide authority on Kemper profiles”, which is absurd.

Sad thing is with that marketing and price point you could see them fooling people. I wouldn't be surprised if they had people shilling their product either...
    Not a lot different for guys running around saying there are no good profiles on the exchange, only 3 people in the world know how to mic up an amp etc etc...

• I have a few of their pack, Benedeth, Crummet and one more I think. They are almost mix ready profiles made for very specific purposes. If you try to use them live or via headphones as isolated track they will disappoint, especially with pickup types which are different from what the original profile has been made for. I'll probably get more. Are they better than others? I don't think so, but they are in most cases different from what is available elsewhere. Most packs have soundcloud samples so you can check for yourself how they sound like.

I don't find the price too high and I don't read marketing blurbs.

• Guy demos some good metal presets here

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've heard better with much cheaper rig packs. Not impressed at all. I would have cried blood if I had bought those packs.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• It is very easy to sucked in to buying profiles when the have such great demos. Who isn't impressed with players like Andy James, but probably those tones don't sound very impressive in other hands.

I think STL probably are not much better or worse than many other sellers, but a bit too expensive on the whole.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• External Content www.youtube.com