Latency - please help

• Hi,

I'm using Kemper remote and Dunlop DVP3 expression pedal and the Whammy effect (PPTC) is reacting much slower than it should (as the real pedal). In fact if you would like to play "Killing in the name" solo it will not track as it should. The Kemper is definitely able to track fast because if I use the Remote switch to chose the second stage (morph) it works fast but if I use the expression pedal it can't follow the fast moves.

Do you have some advice on how to solve this??

BR T.

• Sorry to say, that there is a very noticable lag in the kemper pedal pitcher... i´m using the mission ep1, so i´m quite sure it´s a kemper problem, since you have that problem with an other pedal too. IIRC somebody mentioned, that the latency or lag is smaller, when you connect your pedal directly to the back of the kemper...anyway please contact support.

• Yeah, until it's fixed (if it is indeed fixable; the Remote throughput might just be too slow), the best workaround is to connect the expression pedal directly to the input on the back of the Kemper with a long TRS cable.

• Erm, I use these all the time and not seen that noticeably latency? I used to play killing in the name...so I'll re-check it as not used it in that way recently.

It could be my playing is so sloppy that I don't notice...:)

• I have also noticed this issue (not only with Whammy but with Wah also), and have brought it up in other threads. Haven't tried using a long run cable direct to the KPA's rear panel yet but really... This is something Kemper need to sort out.

I recently bought a Fractal AX-8 to compare with the KPA with a view to replacement, purely due to the annoying expression pedal latency. While there is none of this problem with the Fractal product, I will not be giving up my KPA since the AX-8 doesn't come close to beating it on raw tones. Might go with an FX-8 but would rather stick with Kemper's products if at all possible.

• We don't know yet, if this is even a Kemper problem. I'm not experiencing significant latency here and others have confirmed the same (see above).

I had asked for this simple test: What if you connect the same expression pedal with the same cable to one of the Pedal sockets on the rear side of the Profiler and set that up as Pitch Pedal? Same latency? This check takes just a few seconds.

Are people experiencing latency using current operating system 5.3.1 Release and the original Ethernet cable delivered with the Remote?

• We don't know yet, if this is even a Kemper problem. I'm not experiencing significant latency here and others have confirmed the same (see above).

I had asked for this simple test: What if you connect the same expression pedal with the same cable to one of the Pedal sockets on the rear side of the Profiler and set that up as Pitch Pedal? Same latency? This check takes just a few seconds.

Are people experiencing latency using current operating system 5.3.1 Release and the original Ethernet cable delivered with the Remote?

I notice no difference between pedals attached at Pedal 1 & 2 jacks (Kemper rack rear ports) or 3-6 (Remote jacks). There is a definite lag in response compared to (for example) a real wah or whammy pedal. I notice this more as the pedal is rocked back towards the heel than towards the toe.

I am using Kemper's ethernet cable and OS 5.3.1.

• Thanks!

Are you using a dedicated Pitch Pedal?
    Or are you using a Wah Pedal or a Morph Pedal with Pitch Pedal linked to it?

That the downward ramp should have more latency than the upward ramp sounds strange. Have you tried another expression pedal?

• Thanks!

Are you using a dedicated Pitch Pedal?
    Or are you using a Wah Pedal or a Morph Pedal with Pitch Pedal linked to it?

That the downward ramp should have more latency than the upward ramp sounds strange. Have you tried another expression pedal?

I'm using the Mission KP-EP1 but I have also used a Boss FV-500H with similar results. I have the System setting at Wah pedal (type 1) with an automatic switch to Pitch control for a particular preset.

The perceived difference in latency in downwards ramp might just be that.... perception. Hard to say. But it doesn't feel as smooth and immediate as a real Whammy.

• If I may add my experience to the thread... A while back I complained of significant lag when using the wah pedal connected to the remote compared to when connected directly to the Kemper, and it was greatly improved a few firmwares back. However, the tracking of the expression pedal still can get "confused" during quick movements forth and back, leaving it feeling slightly laggy at times. I don't remember this being the case before I had it connected to the remote. As for pitch, I very rarely use the effect, but when I do, it's mainly the vinyl stop effect, which I haven't had problems with.

• Hi guys!

Thanks for all the input.

Finally find the time to test it again - this time with expression pedal directly into Kemper (pedal 1) - I definitely hear big difference! It responds as it shoud - at least to me. So it must be a Remote issue.

Regading the routing - tried all and there is issue on remote and no issue directly plugged in.

Here you will hear a CLEAR difference - same lick into remote or directly into Kemper. Connected to remote - it cannot track fast enough even if you move the pedal very fast.

You tell me which one is which... :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• 2nd one is directly in the back of the kemper...right? 8o
    Can you try two octaves up like in KILLING IN THE NAME OF? Right now I´m at home with no pedal....