• Continuum:
    First of all thank you for purchasing the 'Continuum' Pack. For me John's sound was at it's peak around 2006-2010 when he was using this equipment so I thought it would be nice to make a set of profiles for this.
    there are 24 profiles in the pack which is 8 different settings with a STUDIO, MERGED and DI for each
    The Amp is the John Mayer signature prototype with some extra tweaks through the classic Dumble/Two Rock oval cutout 2x12 cabinet with vintage celestion G12 -65's.
    It was mic'd with a 1960's U67 a Sure SM 57 and a Sontronics Delta Ribbon mic, through high quality mic pre's. The phase was checked and the mics ballanced to give the best sound then fed back to the kemper for profiling.

Naming Protocol:
    I've called the amp 'Wonderland' after the Dumble it was based on.
    W'land:
    the next number is the volume/gain
    we then have various setting from the amp:
    Bright: bright switch engaged
    Mid: mid switch engaged
    Dirty: this switch turns off the local and global negative feedback(prescence) It adds a little volume on the amp which gets evened out by the kemper profiling but it also gives a little extra grit. It's subtle but a nice tweak.
    STUDIO,MERGED and DI: separate profiles were done for each setting.
    TS9: there's a profile with a boutique tube screamer in front of the amp. It's just a crunch so if you want more put a boost in front.
    THe amp is basically a loud clean amp so don't expect the gain/grit to rise much as the volumes go up. It stays pretty clean.
    theres a reverb and delay in all the profiles, it's on on some and not others.
    If you want to re create john's rig of the time then I'd add a boost then a tube screamer to taste in the first slots. you can then run the boost and TS for extra gain which is what JM does.
    Enjoy the pack:

Paypall.

cliffe.marcus(at)gmail(dot)com

£9.50

I will send the zip file on receipt.

cheers

marcus

• Yep one more for samples and what guitar they are refined /designed for HB/SC :)

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• Guy's

I'll try get some uploaded today. I had a few people keep asking me when this would be done so I just quickly put It out there last night.

Obviously as a John Mayer pack it's been done with a strat in mind, I did however do a Jazz track on an xmas album using my D'Angelico and it sounded wonderful.

Keep an eye on this thread and I'll update ASAP.

M

• This seems cool. One more vote for samples.

I have a question, which is perhaps stupid, what's the point of having both a merged and di profile ? If you turn the cab OFF on a merged profile, don't you get the same result ?

• That's not a stupid question. I just thought as I'd done all three I'd make them available.

I suppose you could argue that with a DI profile you don't have to worry about switching the cab off , and if you want to put your own cab on and make a different merged profile you're starting from the basic amp only.

M

• Guys here we are. tell me if this is working for everyone.

We've got Strat with amp all at 12 o clock then bright then 'dirty switch on' which just thickens by removing the negative feedback, then bright with a TS9 then a P90 Telecaster.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• had a few people asking about how to order so I'll post again for everyone:

send £8.99 friends and family to Paypal cliffe.marcus(at)gmail(dot)com

and I'll send the pack on receipt.

Having had a look around at other various profiles this is a good deal for a 'properly' profile rig. The amp (Clone) and mic's here total about $15,000 :D

the 'original' proto for this amp sold on reverb this year for over $20k, my 60's U 67 is now worth $10K

Marcus

• Hi ,

After some thorough testing I want to compliment you on these profiles - VERY open , warm , clear sounding - no darkness/muffledness . VERY unforgiving when playing skills are not up to par :whistling:

I hope you will make more profiles in the future since these are right up to par - if not better - with the best of best :thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks and keep up the good work !!! :thumbup:

• Funny, when I moved to London 20 years ago I lived and worked in Norbury for a few months.
    Samples sound great Marcus.
    Paypal payment sent! Looking forward to testing the rigs.

Cheers!