• Just an update. I've not had chance to do anymore profiling because I've been recording a Solo album it's finished.

Congrates !
    I could buy the Download of "Heard" as a member of Bandcamp. Great I like that smooth style :thumbup:

But for information - For the 6 panel digi pack I could not check out without beeing forced do make a new registration. This is not what I want.!

Edited once, last by Sharry ().

• Just an update. I've not had chance to do anymore profiling because I've been recording a Solo album :D it's finished.

https://marcuscliffe.bandcamp.com/

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

Tried to find you on Spotify and while I did find a Marcus Cliffe, I don't think that's you.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Hi Marcus,

Just sent the payment to you and when your not busy sleeping, playing, working, eating, enjoying family life, etc ( ;) ), please send the profiles to:
    mats(at)nermark(dot)com

While I'm planning to use these with single coils, I think the jazz clip you posted sounded fabulous!

Cheers,

Mats N

• Please try some humbuckers sweetspots if you can. Cheers

the middle solo on 'I put a spell on you' was a thinline telecaster with PAF's :D

Bridge position, tone rolled down to 6.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this is the Classic 'Dumble ODS' sound for me.

Marcus

• Congrates !I could buy the Download of "Heard" as a member of Bandcamp. Great I like that smooth style :thumbup:

But for information - For the 6 panel digi pack I could not check out without beeing forced do make a new registration. This is not what I want.!

Not sure what the issue there is. If you'd like a CD, just send £10 plus £2.65 P&P to the same paypal address as the profiles and I'll get one off to you :D

• Hi Marcus,
    Tried to find you on Spotify and while I did find a Marcus Cliffe, I don't think that's you.

Cheers,

Mats N

I haven't put this record on Spotify. It's cost me a lot of money to produce, I'd like to actually at least reclaim what I've spent before I give it away for free on Spotify! I understand the attraction as a consumer but as someone who makes his living from this Spotify is unsustainable from an Artists point of view. Out of interest what did you find? I am on Spotify with other projects so it may well have been me. :D I've worked in a lot of different fields from UK top 20 Pop, to Japanese Rock, US country artists like Emmy lou Harris, Steve Earl, through the old school like Mark Knopfler, Rod Stewart, to soul artists like Al Green, plus more ethereal things with my Partner Lucinda Drayton. I've produced and played on all Russel Stone's last 3 albums which i think are on Spotify.

M

Marcus

• I'll most probably buy a pack of this amp. Please don't forget the clean side of the amp which has some magic to it.
    When I was helping Michael Britt with his Dumble pack, I told him the same but he had already returned the amp to its owner.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Just found the zip file in mail e-mail trash can. 8o
    But moved and extracted it without problems. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

I just had surgery done to my left hand. This pack will be a part of my rehab routine.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Good luck Matt. Take it slowly and don't overdo it early on :D Regarding the clean, Definitely. I love the clean on the #102 , as I said I did my entire album on it and most of it is clean.

M

• Hi Guys

Can I ask the people who have purchased these profiles, would you consider them “Mix Ready”?

Thanks

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Just an observation over the years: the term "mix ready" is kind of a sham, as it means different things to different people. Also, understand that this term is predominantly pointed at heavy distortion tones; these type of tones tend to eat all frequencies from lows to highs, and are harder to make sit in a mix right. Clean tones don't suffer from this nearly as much, and that is what is in this pack, clean to very mildly broken up tones. Example: try placing your fattest snare in a metal mix, then use that Same snare in say, a country mix; much less eqing will be needed in the country mix to get that snare to pop out and sound huge and fill verses the amount that will be needed to make it sit right in the metal mix.

• as someone who mixes and produces records for a living I'll say this; the profiles are 100% the sound of the amp well mic'd in my studio. So it's what you'd get if you had this amp and my particular mics in my studio. It's a boutique amp mic'd with boutique vintage microphones, as I said my U67 is serial number #1xx an early '60's mic, it's worth a lot of money, not everyone would have access to that even if they had a similar amp.

what you do then is up to the producer/engineer for the particular track/part.

It's easy to remove low's/highs if you don't want them but you can't put back what's not there, so I believe when profiling you capture the fullness of the amp in question and let the user decide how it's to be used.

Marcus

• Thanks for the reply Marcus. I’ll be Ordering these later when I get home from work.

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Guys,

I'm getting to the end of my spring tour and thinking about the next profiling sessions.
    Question: Would there be any benefit in my filming the demos of the profiles, or is the soundcloud playlist OK?

Marcus

p.s. here's a video of a jazzy track from my new CD -Heard.. https://marcuscliffe.bandcamp.com/

showing the clean Dumble sound. I'll be profiling this amp next

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.