C'mon Kemper, release an au/vst already

• Use I lok as a security measure, and just come out with a bare bones plugin that only loads profiles without profile making capabilities.

It won't hurt hardware sales, and at least the hardware users get an editor out of it.

• I don't understand all those asking for a vst. if that's what you want, there are plenty of them already. None of them comes close to the Kemper and a vst Kemper will probably not sound as good as the hardware so what's the point? I used vs'st before i purchased a Kemper and I never will regret it. No hassle to load up vst's, impulse reverb and cab impulses. <X Axe FX will never release a vst and so is the case with Kemper. Neither will UAD release vst plugins instead of their cards. This is their invention/business modell and why should they change that because some few asking for a vst just because they probably can't afford the real deal? It might sound I'm harsh but that's the truth.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I don't understand all those asking for a vst. if that's what you want, there are plenty of them already. None of them comes close to the Kemper and a vst Kemper will probably not sound as good as the hardware so what's the point? I used vs'st before i purchased a Kemper and I never will regret it. No hassle to load up vst's, impulse reverb and cab impulses. <X Axe FX will never release a vst and so is the case with Kemper. Neither will UAD release vst plugins instead of their cards. This is their invention/business modell and why should they change that because some few asking for a vst just because they probably can't afford the real deal? It might sound I'm harsh but that's the truth.

:thumbup:

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

My idea of a vst is a combination of DAW support (think total recall) and an editor - in conjunction with the hardware device as the sound generator. And I would pay for this.

Gear: Strats & KPA. Plug Ins: Cubase, NI, iZotope, Slate, XLN, Spectrasonics.
    Music: Song from my former band: vimeo.com/10419626[/media][/media][/media] Something new on the way...

• A Friend of mine has the Helix and Helix native now ... and i have to admit, the convenience of having the "insides" of the helix as a plugin on my laptop for example is amazing!!

I wouldn't need the profiling mode, just a vst that can read my kemper files, and that i can tweak just like on the kemper ...
    that would be simply amazing ... reamping would be a thing of the past then

• well taking the kemper with me all the time will never happen ...
    i guess line6 get a new customer soon ... :D
    if people need something to play live the kemper is still the thing to get.
    or if you want to outsource processing power ...

even a dongle system would be better then the solution right know even if dongles suck extremely ...

and why is Steam safe but al other services can make their products safe ?

for it is not a excuse, there are ways to make software safe so nobody can crack it

or even if it is only for kemper hardware users, for their convenience ...

why should always the people who buy software suffer just because there are some the download it ...
    i'll stay with kemper when it comes to hardware but the helix system has now a major advantage

• oh there is already a post like this ... my kemper is either at my studio or on stage ... but my songwirting happens everywhere, at hom in my appartment, at my girlfriends place...

and all i have there is my laptop my guitar and a headphones and an interface ... so yeah ... with a vst i could record there tracks i actually can work with later, without reamping and so on ...

and like i said helix owners aready have it and it is great ...

See, you are incorrect on a few things. A VST Kemper could easily sound just as good, as the Helix Native sounds identical to the hardware. That is a very foolish thing to claim that it wont sound as good, without any proof that it will sound inferior, when Line 6 pulled it off with ease.

As far as bashing someone because they cant afford a kemper is pretty lame. I have a Kemper, AX8, and a Helix as well as tube amps. My reason behind a Kemper VST is primarily for workflow with profiles, not the actual profiling itself. You think you are telling the truth, but you sound like someone who is uneducated about upcoming technology, advancements in VST modeling, and what makes sense financially for a company. Fractal did release their FAS Reverb, and it is sensational. Helix Native is sensational, and I think if Kemper did offer some kind of profile support via VST, it would work perfectly. Try and stay positive about these kinds of things, and not put people down who you think cant afford something that they want.

• Even an iPad these days with correct interface can be several times more powerful than kpa. Enough so to sound amazing if the software is right.

Can only say that if there was a kemper vst it'd probably use it quite a bit. Atm i use bias on ipad with auria as daw for recording ideas much of the time. Even an iPad kemper amp would be pretty cool for me. The power is there.

But editor remains first priority when it comes to these things.

Edited once, last by Dimi84 ().

• Please, do not release it! :D

What financial reasoning do you have to say not to release a plugin? Aren't you in the business of selling profiles? So if 5000 new customers within a one year period logged into your website to download your profiles to use with a VST Kemper, would you turn them away?

I think not....

• As soon as a company release a software product they know they can no longer protect it from piracy.
    All popular software gets cracked. I think the majority of all software amps are cracked by now, ilok offers no protection.
    Helix, Scuffham S-Gear, Amplitube, Overloud TH3, Peavey Revalver, BIAS Amp, Pod farm, TSE, Kazrog, Kuassa, Studio Devil, Softube and other amp sims are cracked.

Helix was cracked more than a year ago and Line6 just released a new firmware update, that new version is already cracked within a day. Software companies calculate a certain loss to piracy in their budget and still manage to make a profit, but not all.
    It usually involves that they keep coming up with many updates and features to keep customers interested.

I think the Kemper has proven to be a very successful, unique and different product compared to traditional component modelers that it makes 100% sense for them to only offer hardware. The software code inside the kemper is everything and it's logical they should protect it. Since the majority of kemper users don't profile amps, a software kemper "profile player" would kill the hardware.
    Soon all profiles would be pirated as well and easily shared because the interest would be much bigger.
    Only a few can afford a kemper, but everyone can get a free cracked software.

• It would never kill hardware. People do use Kemper live you know. As far as piracy protection, there is no way around that. It will get cracked probably, but there are many who would pay to get the updates, and not have to wait for a crack. Not to mention tons of customers who dont use cracks. I for one dont ever use cracks. I would easily buy a kemper plugin. Also, PC plugins get cracked often, but not as much on MAC, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Helix has not been cracked on MAC. Also, most cracks have outdated updates, and companies to continue to improve their protection. I think its a good move for them if they choose to release a very slimmed down plugin. who knows....

• Today everyone who wants to play a kemper need a hardware kemper.
    It would be a massive cut in hardware interest, since it would now be pirated and free software.
    The vast majority of kemper users don't play live or profile amps, so they don't need the hardware.

Kemper seems to be very successful with what they are doing and therefore I don't see any reason at all for them as a business to give away the code to pirates. It's a unique and exclusive high-end product with a patent and they definately don't need to release a much cheaper software version to stay successful. The fact that many users would want a software kemper is another thing. The Kemper company don't need it as I see it.

Cracks for the most popular software are mostly up to date (even the same day as release sometimes) and in many times they run smoother and are more cpu and RAM efficient because the heavy protection is removed. Improved protection means nothing these days, it is no match for them to crack or emulate ilok and other systems. AFAIK a pc can run Mac software and vice versa in a virtual box or emulators so the platform doesn´t matter.