C'mon Kemper, release an au/vst already

• I use my Kemper both on the road and in the studio, just like a real amp. In fact it has improved our live sound because of less spill on stage sound-wise. Many of us have spent plenty in buying the unit and I find it a bad idea to put out a plug-in that would soon be around for nothing.

For writing demos I have good enough sounds on Amplitude and other plugins. Also the final record should always feel like an improvement over the demo.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Cubase is crackable anymore, so it simply works ... also steam ...
    picking the bad protected one is simply not a good think imo ...

or maybe a kemper interface ... as small as the lexicon or focusrite scarlett or line 6 amplifi tt with most of the controls on the pc ...
    honestly having the kemper everytime with me like my guitar, and interface and so on simply sucks ... i have a small interface with mi to record di tracks
    but everything would be an improvement to the situation right now

so yeah what about the kemper mini then? ultra small with a built in interface and app controlled ? what about that ?

• Not necessary true, I see the Kemper in so many stages and studios, So I have no idea of the demographic. Only Kemper Knows based on product registration.

You'd be surprised what percentage of Kemper users/owners/registrations actually take part in discussion on the forum, or post a "Feature Request", etc, etc.
    Yes, they're registered here to access the Rig Exchange and occasionally might read a discussion...

From my sales stats, about 3%.

• Considering how many messages I get from kemper users, on here, People who hardly post anything, yea, not surprised how few are active on forum.

• @Bommel considering we don't even have an editor, I doubt this will come to fruition.

well maybe the problem with the editor is the controllability via midi or usb maybe these ports are simply not programmed and built to do it ... who knows ... the kemper people do not say why we can't have the editor...
    i'd even love having an usb interface option because i loved that function on the elevenrack i had ...

so maybe it is a software and/or hardware limitation

if it is a vst would be great i'd be even happy with a file player so a vst that can only open kipr files and get me my tone on the road ... because every daw has a eq and all the other stuff ...

• I would appreciate a Kemper VST. I'm a Kemper user for many years now and I love playing around with different sounds/profiles all the time in my mixes. But it's so time consuming to reamp a whole song when I want to switch to a different sound or simply try out different amps/cabs in a mix situation.

I'm trying out the Helix Native demo since a few days and the possibility to have a consistent sound between the hardware unit (monitoring me while playing) and my mix is something I would like to have with the Kemper. I could do the final reamp as soon as I stick to a final sound/mix.

Meanwhile I'm not using the Kemper for recording anymore and switched back to plugins - Thermionik and Ownhammer IRs. Just because of the reasons described above: I want to stay flexible.

Though I fully understand the cracking problem - for the Kemper company and all profile creators.

• well maybe the problem with the editor is the controllability via midi or usb maybe these ports are simply not programmed and built to do it ... who knows ... the kemper people do not say why we can't have the editor...i'd even love having an usb interface option because i loved that function on the elevenrack i had ...

so maybe it is a software and/or hardware limitation

Toast ME works pretty well, so I really don't buy any of those explanations, and if they are true, it'd be nice to hear something other than silence from Kemper.

Disclaimer: When I post demo clips for profiles, there will be some minimal post-processing, unless stated otherwise. I normally double-track hard L/R, and add to the main buss a small amount of EQ and a limiter/comp set pretty light as well. Sometimes I get test profiles in advance of release, though 90% of my clips will be from packs I have purchased.

• Just wanted to request a VST that can only load profiles instead of being able to profile tube heads like the hardware. It seems like a good move for Kemper. Line 6 seems to be holding strong with their hardware and software sales of Helix. I think Kemper, being that it has a reputation of being the best sounding of the top 3, should move in that direction to increase its user base.

• We all sure would love this. But I can see why Kemper does not do it. They want you to buy a Kemper. A solution would be a requirement for the Kemper to be plugged in through USB or the VST plugin would be disabled. Basically using the Kemper as a dongle.

Just an idea anyway,

Wolf

• This has been requested several times before.

The hardware-as-dongle thing didn't prevent piracy when L6 required, say, a PODxt be hooked-up for Pod Farm, so whilst that would appear to be a great idea upon initial inspection, IMHO it doesn't insure against piracy 100%, and we all know that it only takes one malicious individual or group's success to trigger a flooding of the vendor's wares for free.

This, along with concerns about Kemper's IP regarding the Profile-playback engine, lead me to be in no doubt that if it were my company, I simply wouldn't go there as I'd see it as playing with fire. I cannot speak for Kemper, of course; that's just my feeling on the matter.

• As Nicky says, piracy concerns would make most companies think twice about this.

I would like a vst but purely to control the Kemper - it would be nice if you selected a channel on your DAW with a Kemper Control vst that did not have the ability to be a Kemper but just talked to the hardware Kemper and selected the profile you were using last time. It’d be nice if daw automation worked too, again just to play with parameters on the hardware Kemper.

• As Nicky says, piracy concerns would make most companies think twice about this.

I would like a vst but purely to control the Kemper - it would be nice if you selected a channel on your DAW with a Kemper Control vst that did not have the ability to be a Kemper but just talked to the hardware Kemper and selected the profile you were using last time. It’d be nice if daw automation worked too, again just to play with parameters on the hardware Kemper.

+1 DAW control and recall would be amazing

• Has anyone seen any Neural DSP cracks?? ...... nope. Why? They got it right by using ilok. ilok happens to be very secure right now. If piracy was such an issue in 2019, then I guess there would be no plugin companies right? Obviously this thread, among all the others about the subject, is to hopefully get Kemper to consider that direction.

• Has anyone seen any Neural DSP cracks?? ...... nope. Why? They got it right by using ilok. ilok happens to be very secure right now. If piracy was such an issue in 2019, then I guess there would be no plugin companies right? Obviously this thread, among all the others about the subject, is to hopefully get Kemper to consider that direction.

If you knew some of the coders I met in school, you wouldn't bank online, use social media or trust

your hardware product in a plugin release.

Just because you have identified a potential market, it doesn't mean it is wise to enter it. A plugin would

cannibalize hardware sales. That would make hardware more costly to manufacture. And there is no guarantee

a plugin would have as great a profit margin as the hardware you are already selling.

That's a lose / lose strategy.

• How is that a lose lose? As long as the plugin version is stripped down from the hardware in regards to features, the licensing is solid, and there obviously is a huge market, considering everyone knows Kemper, why is that a lose lose? I mean, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but to say there is no guarantee for profit is inaccurate. Software is very profitable, I worked for a software company, and the profit margin is insane. No manufacturing costs, very little overhead, no shipping costs.