Dunlop Crybaby

• No it works fine.

However I would strongly recommend using an expression pedal instead, with the Kemper's built in wah.

It's so much more versatile than just a crybaby - check out this thread with settings to recreate the sound of many famous wahs!
    Kemper Wah Settings

Not only is it more versatile, but it's also more convenient - no need for a power supply/battery to power the wah.

• I have taken the switch out of the crybaby and I'm using "touch" for on and off. So much easier as its instantly available and takes the guess work out of whether its on or off..

Not sure you can get the switch working anyway with this mod..

• I have taken the switch out of the crybaby and I'm using "touch" for on and off. So much easier as its instantly available and takes the guess work out of whether its on or off..

Not sure you can get the switch working anyway with this mod..

Turning on and off by touch is indeed a nice way to control the effect. This would only be an option for me personally if I can influence the time of switching off. (after I have stopped moving the pedal). If I use a slow sweep, it switches on and off while playing. Switching off is therefore too fast and I would like to set this up slower in time.

• It doesn't cut off immediately, there is a lag but yes you have to keep it moving.

This slight issue for me totally outweighs the " have I switched it on/off?" problem that you get with a regular crybaby when trying to click the toe switch...to the point where previously I used a wah plate and then later modified it with a touch switch ( lots of drilling and wires)..

• It doesn't cut off immediately, there is a lag but yes you have to keep it moving.

This slight issue for me totally outweighs the " have I switched it on/off?" problem that you get with a regular crybaby when trying to click the toe switch...to the point where previously I used a wah plate and then later modified it with a touch switch ( lots of drilling and wires)..

Yes i know there is a lag but i want to be able set this myself. For me having to switch the wah is what I'm used to and never had problems with it. But that's just personal. So for me there is no real problem it would only be a neat feature for me personally. Cause the slight issue for you is a big issue for me. That's the beauty of being just human :D