Ownhammer IRs/MAC/Cab Maker/KPA

• Has anyone used the OH studio mix collection with a MAC. The folder file structure is deep and does not appear to offer a quick profile with amp/spk/cab/mic for ease of enjoyment. I was hoping that I could move at least one complete profile, transfer with Cab Maker and load in KPA. My main issue with selecting each part would be doing it correct in Cab Maker so that once I use my stick drive in KPA it works! Either way, if anyone has got this down that would be great...I hear the OH IRs are great.

Richie

• I am not sure what your looking for exactly, but I use ownhammer ir's with space designer in logic pro x. I also have some loaded into my kemper from cab maker. The ownhammer files I have have 2 sets mics and mixes, I just select which 1 file of which mic set up or mix I want to try. Say I select OwnHammer_412_MAR-CB_H-BB-75_SLST_421-HG , this is a 412 Marshall Checkerboard cab with BB75 speakers, using a 421 mic and solid state poweramp

• I have read and youtubed that OH packs have a summary folder and/or quick start (preset selections) for ease of use. The Studio mix collection does not have any summary or quick start selections, so I will select as you mentioned. I am using a MAC so I wanted to check with KPA community. OH tech support was a windows guy and could not confirm if my folders were corrupted, etc...

Thanks for the reply.
    Richie

• Has anyone used the OH studio mix collection with a MAC. The folder file structure is deep and does not appear to offer a quick profile with amp/spk/cab/mic for ease of enjoyment. I was hoping that I could move at least one complete profile, transfer with Cab Maker and load in KPA. My main issue with selecting each part would be doing it correct in Cab Maker so that once I use my stick drive in KPA it works! Either way, if anyone has got this down that would be great...I hear the OH IRs are great.

Richie

Ownhammer are cabinet IR’s only. There is no “complete profile” to load in the Kemper. You use them to replace the cabinet in an existing studio profile or with a DI profile in the KPA.

• For ease of use i would reconmend recording the guitar with the cab turned off in the Kemper it use a direct profile. Then use any IR „player“ like NadIR and use that to browse impulses

• YMMV. I personally haven't had luck with cabs from even merged profiles I've liked sound remotely as nice with DI profiles as imported IR's.