Cheapest midi controller

• Hey guys!

I'm new to the wonderful world of Kemper, and I'm loving it. The thing sounds great, and I'm loving the onboard effects. My question is: what is the best footswitch for me? Here are my prerequisites in order of importance:

1. Price: looking at under $100 used if at all possible
    2. Capability: All I need is control over rig switching and stompboxes/effects
    3. Size: smaller the better

I've been looking at the Tech21 midi moose. It looks pretty good and I know people have had luck with it on this forum. I haven't heard anything about control over the stomps tho...

I also am completely new to midi. I'm tech savvy and can figure stuff out, but keep that in mind ^^ .

Thanks in advance!
    Josiah

• I just saw your post, after posting a question about the MIDI Mongoose, which I think may just be a newer version of the Moose. I'm looking for almost what you are, but I don't need to control affects, just performance slots.

• The HD500 is what I use now. I was looking for something small, just to give me the minimum of what I needed. I still like having the HD500 as a backup, but wouldn't mind having another option. Jkee was looking for something small, too,but I think that having enough buttons to control patches and effects on something small would be even harder to find.

Do you have any other device that has midi out? I still have my POD HD 500 and it works quite well as a midi controller and if I ever want to use Drive and other effects, the POD effects are pretty good.

What seems to be popular and many Kemper owners are using is Behringer FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper .

• FCB1010 + Uno4Kemper chip as @Dean_R mentioned. Not the smallest option but has 2 built in pedals and doesn’t get much more inexpensive.

• Nice. Thanks for the help guys. I'm also looking at the Ground Control Pro, which looks pretty slick and is relatively inexpensive.

• I have a very similar question. I have an HD 500 and can use that with the Kemper but would ideally like something much smaller just to do patch up and down in either browser or performance mode. Anyone have anything like this that works?

• I think you are missing a trick, far better to go for the FCB1010 although it is big.

You have the advanatges of:

Full control of effects and patches
    Auto change to tuner mode and tuner display
    2 expression pedals
    No access top morph ( I assume this works on FCB1010 but don't know for sure)

Whilst you may not have a need for these now, I use all of these for live even though I still have a relatively basic set up.

This for me is the best alternative to the remote ( which is the ultimate answer but beyond your budget).

• If considering an FCB1010, I'm selling one - if you are in the U.S., I'll sell mine for $95 shipped. It has an older Uno chip (*not* specifically for Kemper).

Old chip? Wassat, and how does it compare to a new chip one?

• Surely any controller that puts out a midi change is fine for this use. I have an old Boss FC50 for when I need a simple setup, but there must be many available second hand.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7

• Using the Tech 21 MIDI Mongoose is still quite some foot tapping. There's also no foot controller. The FCB 1010 solves that problem. But I think you still need the EurekaProm chip, a replacement chip for use with Kemper.
    I use the Roland FC-200 midi pedal for many years now. Works fine and very intuitive. They go for about € 200