More footswitches for effects from profiler remote?

• Just to add:

The Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote have Rig-specific assignments. So, their function can vary from Rig to Rig and each Rig Button can combine multiple assignments. Therefore these Effect Button assignments are stored in each Rig.

Additional external switches like the Profiler Switch 2-Way have global assignments. Such a dual switch could for example be setup to toggle Modules C and X on/off regardless of the Rig loaded.

• Just to add:

The Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote have Rig-specific assignments. So, their function can vary from Rig to Rig and each Rig Button can combine multiple assignments. Therefore these Effect Button assignments are stored in each Rig.

Additional external switches like the Profiler Switch 2-Way have global assignments. Such a dual switch could for example be setup to toggle Modules C and X on/off regardless of the Rig loaded.

So essentially you could use this to control more stomps in the Kemper? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss/FS-5L-Latching-Footswitch-1274034492395.gc?cntry=us&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_tbk5Zji1wIVGbXACh18owAmEAQYASABEgLRDvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^172488555108-device^c-plaid^135211105482-sku^1274034492395@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

• Yes, you could!

I'm just not in favor of this approach to replicate the classical analog environment, where people have a hard-wired chain of stomp boxes, with practically fixed settings, and have a switch for each stomp box to either switch on or bypass.

The Profiler offers 625 Slots in Performance Mode, where you can store complete sounds including the whole signal chain. In these Slots you can not only vary the Amp and Cabinet Profiles, but also the order of the stomps and effects, their type, and all their parameters. So, with the hit of one button you could change not only your amp and cab, but also your compete effect board. Each of these Slots can be morphed into another sound. If you just morph the Mix of an effect between 0 and x% and set Rise Time and Morph Time to 0 sec, your Rig Button emerges into a fifth Effect Button. However, Morphing is obviously much more powerful than just switching on and off.

Theoretically a Rig could include up to 8 stomps/effects. In addition there are currently 3 Action & Hold functions: Rotary Speed, Delay Hold, Delay Infinity. This adds up to 11 possible switches. But I doubt, that there is any Rig where all these permutations of on/off combinations are meaningful sound-wise. So, practically, if you tailor complete Rigs for your needs and organize these in Slots in Performance Mode plus use the four built-in Effect Buttons (which can vary their assignment by Rig PLUS can assume more than one stomp assignment) plus leverage Morphing, which can also vary by Rig, I doubt that there is any additional switch needed, practically.

• Here is a possible scenario for how you might want to use this type of switch. For instance, I have changed my Tuner foot switch on the remote to turn on slot X, and in slot X of almost all of my rigs is a pureboost stomp set to +3.0db. I use a volume pedal and have tuner switched on the volume pedal when it set to heel down, so I don't need the tuner button on the remote, but if you don't want to lose your tuner and looper foot switches on the remote, you could utilize a switch like this to add global switch functionality while still keeping your tuner and looper switches for their original purposes.

• Yes, but you could do that with one of the existing 4 Effect Buttons as well.

And you brought up an excellent point that I even forgot:
    - you can switch complete Rigs to change their complete chain of effects,
    - you have those 4 Effect Buttons, multifunctional and completely flexible by Rigs,
    - you have got Morphing,
    - you can customize the function of the Looper, Tuner, and Tap button. Not everybody needs a Looper. The Tuner Button is redundant if you trigger Tuner via Volume Pedal. The Tap button could be useless, if you run the show with MIDI clock.

And only if all these possibilities are exhausted, you might require an additional external switch.

• I just found this discussion since I have another plan for an externem switch.

I plan on adding another footswitch to toggle my boost for soloing at another place at a big stage.

So I am free to walk sims meters away from my ususal place where my remote sits and still can toggle my solo sound.

Glad to read that this should work :)