Is combining the Ultra (effects) with the Kemper (profiles) possible?

• Is it possible to combine the 2 to get a rig where the Ultra is for the effects and the KPA is for the profiles. Is midi switching, including profile switching, then possible with the MFC-101.

Just curious what you owners think of this and if it should be posible 8o

• I'd assume if you put the ultra in the effects loop of the KPA, it should work like any other processor. Just don't put amp/cab sims in the patch on the ultra. I suppose even 4cm should work. I was thinking about trying that with a GSP1101, since I really like the control2 board on that thing.

Guitars-Lifeson Axcess Red, Lifeson Axcess Brown, Iced Tea Axcess stop tail, LRP Sig 57
    Amp-Axefx2, KPA, G5, GSP1101, RCF, QSC, Matrix, EHX-Mag44

• i've tryed it with the Axe II (i own booth). It works well but the axe tend to color the Kemper sound and eat some of the Kemper magic. I didn't try to put the axe in the loop of the Kemper (less interesting due to the routing possibilitys of the Kemper).
    Whatever, the Kemper effects are really efficient and musical. They cover all usual needs for 90% of the Guitar players Own an Axe I + a Kemper is probably a very interesting configuration.

• That's why spdif in 48khz would be interesting perhaps it will not kill the magic.

Both units works only as master clock. Cannot use spdif anyway.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Nothing that you can't change?

I honestly don't know, but if they could why they've not do it 'till now? It would be a lot easier to leave the DAW as master clock...

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• i've tryed it with the Axe II (i own booth). It works well but the axe tend to color the Kemper sound and eat some of the Kemper magic. I didn't try to put the axe in the loop of the Kemper (less interesting due to the routing possibilitys of the Kemper).
    Whatever, the Kemper effects are really efficient and musical. They cover all usual needs for 90% of the Guitar players Own an Axe I + a Kemper is probably a very interesting configuration.

So when the Kemper could be switched to slave would this be solved?
    I am sure the effects on the KPA are fine but I gladly would keep the stereo output on the Ultra and midi control with the MFC.

• My experience with the Ultra and the Kemper was the same as the post earlier with the Axe 2. The Ultra "coloured" the tone of the Kemper slightly. Tended to be in that "blanket" mid range. I did have little bit of success dialling in a parametric on the Ultra and compensating some of the missing frequencies.

This week however I've been struck down by the dreaded "man-flu" so don't trust my ears to tweak any more.

The effects compared to the Ultra are good. I happen to think the Kempers Phaser and Flanger are much easier to dial in. Delays and Reverbs are good but I wish they were a little more in depth like the Ultra.

Guitar elf and demonstrator for Matrix Amplification

• I'd assume if you put the ultra in the effects loop of the KPA, it should work like any other processor. Just don't put amp/cab sims in the patch on the ultra. I suppose even 4cm should work. I was thinking about trying that with a GSP1101, since I really like the control2 board on that thing.

I wouldn't be too hasty to neglect amp and cab sims before the Kemper's amp profile. I found some amazing tones by using a clean profile of an amp that worked nicely with an overdrive in front of it, and used Pod HD500 amps as overdrive pedals with great results. Of course some EQing in the POD was usually needed, but a few times when there was an over abundance of high frequencies I just turned on a cab and it worked great. A pleasant surprise! I would imagine an Axe FX would do an even better job.