I want to buy a MBritt pack but I'm not sure which one to get!

• I haven't even got my Kemper yet but it's in the mail, I'm so excited!

I would like to take advantage of the black friday sale MBritt is doing, since I will probably buy a few packs of his anyway. However I'm not sure which pack/s to get!

I have downloaded the free MBritt rig pack from the Kemper website.
    I play mostly Rock, Pop, Soul, R+B, Jazz Fusion.
    I like guitarists like Matt Bellamy, Jonny Buckland, Jonny Greenwood, John Mayer and Mike Stern

I've been looking at the packs
    Sweet 16
    Profile Pack 1/2/3
    Modern Pack
    D-Pack

I'm open to other suggestions too though.
    Which pack or combinations of packs do you think would suit me best, and have the least overlap with the free MBritt pack?

Thanks heaps!

• The sweet 16 is great, you can't go wrong with it. If you love Marshall amps (Who don't ?) you can buy the 69 pack too.
    If you play a strat, you should be happy with Bert M profiles too, a must have for a versatile use of single coils guitars.

• If you like the classic vintage sound, the MBritt Tweedy pak is great for single coils, Strat and Tele.

Kemper Powerhead w/remote & Kabinet
    Focusrite 18i8 (2nd Gen) - Windows 10 - Ableton Live - Yamaha HS-8's - DT770 80 ohms

• Bert's BE is excellent and has very good cleans too. But all packs work great, so it's no easy choice. I like Pack 2 a lot. Britt's stuff may be a tad dark thru phones but great when played loud. With a Tele no problem really. His Colonial is very versatile. And the new 3rd Power pack is terrific. His BOC and his Sweet sixteen have s bit of everything.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Man there are so many options!

Is the Dumble pack worth it? It seems like the Free pack from Kemper, and Pack 2 both already have Dumble profiles in there.

Thanks for the recommendation on the Tweedy pack, I might get that too since it's only $10.

• I recommend to check out the basic kpa free profiles first and to have a look to the free ones on rm. After that, I think, you will know what you miss.

There are free packs from Bert and Michael. Check them out, these packs are no heavy metal packs and its a complete difference to check them at bedroomlevel or rehearshal level.

I often use Berts Friedman be 100, but with a fredman cab from deadlightstudios. A massive and versatile sound over my frfr and the volumeknob of the guitar is your friend. Very dynamic rigs.

Cheers
    Frank

• Frank, do you mean the fredman miking? I use a lot of deadlightstudios profiles and not aware of a fredman cab

Cheers
    Jürgen

No, I have a cab from deadlight which is called fredman. This cab is awesome with most of my used profiles.
    I have found it in one of deadlights profiles ( dont ask me which ones, i have so many from deadlight/tonehammer). I stored every cab from deadlight profiles seperatly and so i got a bunch of cool cabs. In former times i used the mega boobie 2x12 from deadlight for nearly every rig. After hearing the fredman i changed to this cab. Awesome for many profiles. The combination with 800 Marshall from Andy (TAF) and Berts Friedman is killer.

• Frank, do you mean the fredman miking? I use a lot of deadlightstudios profiles and not aware of a fredman cab

Cheers
    Jürgen

Hi Jürgen,

I checked it out and found the cab in my Diezel VH4 pack from deadlight.
    specs:

1960AV, Vintage Celestion V30 4x12,
    Mic: Dual SM57
    Position: Fredman 1

• You could buy the packs of those amps, you would like to play in reality.
    The profiles are (sound) the same as the real amps.
    So buy those amps, you want to have.
    I have a lot of Michael Britts amps and a lot of the TAF amps. I use them with Les Paul, Tele and Strat.
    Everything works fine.

• A have several Michael Britt packs, and while all of them are excellent, the new 3rd Power CSR and Sweet Sixteen pack are especially good with humbuckers. I haven't tried them on my Strat or Tele, yet, but they both sound great on my guitars with humbuckers. The 69 Marshall and 65 Ace 30 are get a lot of use.

• A have several Michael Britt packs, and while all of them are excellent, the new 3rd Power CSR and Sweet Sixteen pack are especially good with humbuckers. I haven't tried them on my Strat or Tele, yet, but they both sound great on my guitars with humbuckers. The 69 Marshall and 65 Ace 30 are get a lot of use.

I've been sat here all afternoon with Michael's new 3rd-Power CSR set and my Strat (V60LPs) grinning like mad. Oh my word, these profiles are just amazing across the board. Haven't even picked up a humbucker guitar yet, I'm loving the single coil vibes so much. Crazy cleans to crazy gain but all with so much clarity and 'weight'. Out of the park stuff from Michael and of course Jamie for designing such a great amp! Just superb. :thumbup:

Edited once, last by Jaybee ().