Best rackcase for the kemper rack

• Hey guys! Just bought my first kemper rack and was wondering if the standard 3u skb case would fit the kemper rack without removing the rubber feet? I have a generic case at the moment but I want to swap it out for a more sturdier case, but just don’t want to have to remove the rubber feet.

• I'm not sure if it will fit with the rubber feet (but I think it will)

I just bought this case which I think will be good because it fits all the parameters I wanted.

A) Is not too deep, leaving lots of wasted room
    B) Is 4U, so I can mount it with a wireless, cutting down setup time, and allowing me to roam freely and not worry about tangles.
    C) Has rails 1" deep so the knobs of the Kemper are well protected.
    D) Is not insanely expensive.
    E) Has shallow lids so I can mount the remote and use the lid as a pedalboard, protecting the remote from dirty floors, and simplifying setup.
    F) Has flad lids (no bulbous corners) so it will sit flat on the ground
    G) Has handles on the side.

The only issue with this case for me is that it's a little bit heavy at 10kg, but you aren't really going to find a wooden rack case much lighter than that.

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but just thought I'd offer my 2c :)

• Dude

This is the most frustrating thing about owning a Kemper. Do I buy a Kemper? Yes... Done in a week. Do I buy a rack case? Yes... Do I buy 3u, 4u,5u,6u, do I buy full size, shallow...... Aahhhhh

Burnt my head out for ages.

My advise would be buy a shallow case, makes a huge difference. I own the 6u Gator shallow case and its brilliant. I got the 6u as I have my Kemper, a tray for my Shure wireless and Vl3x, then at the back I have a 19u power strip with enough room to add a 19u patch bay.

If I did it all again I would buy the same thing. I did look at 2x3u cases but the amount of plugging in power, midi cables etc meant I would be back to a slow set up.

As for the feet, they will fit fine, there is space above and below in a 3u rack. Just Google 3u Kemper rack and you will see pictures of the space

My final advise is think about what you want to add later such as a power strip, wireless unit, patch bay, so you don't damage the Kemper plugging and unplugging cables, as the difference in price is minimal if you buy bigger now.

If you want a link to my one I can find it for you.

Just my thoughts.

Mike

• Thanks for the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it! I was gonna go with a 3u, but after reading these replys, you guys convinced me with probly a 6u as im def gonna run my furman in the rack along with a wireless in the future, and probably a poweramp. I figure a 6, if not an 8 for sure, depending on the size of whatever poweramp i end up getting. Thanks again for the advice and the warm welcome, looking forward to learning all about this awesome contraption from users like yourselves! :)

• Tony

Remember you have to carry it to gigs, don't buy one that's too big. To me 8u was just to large, after 6 I would rather have 2 separate racks as the places in Liverpool you practice in are not always the most accomodating when carrying equipment for example listed buildings, narrow hallways, spiral staircase etc.

Just a thought mate

Mike

• There are cases with half the depth. The KPA fits perfectly in there. Anyways, no room for the Remote in the front / rear covers. If you want to store the Remote as well you need 3U for the KPA and at least 2U for the Remote (+foam).

• I ended up going with a 6 space skb case and it fit everything really nice! I definitely didn’t want to go with anything bigger to keep weight down and bulk as well! Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions everyone!