Bug with import of IRs ? SOLVED

• I bought some (40) pro-IRs and converted them via Cabmaker.
    I stored all the .kipr in the "shared-Folder" under" cabinet" onto the USB-stick

I put the USB-stick into the KPA in Browse Mode and made an Import.
    Takes a lot of time roundabout 15 Minutes.
    After then I took a rig in browse-mode and pushed the cabinet button and wanted to scroll through the new cab-IRs.
    But they were not displayed.

I put the USB back into my PC. The new .kipr-files could be seen on the stick

I read TFM

I repeated this procedure three times (another evening without practising) but I couldn't reach that the new cab-IRs got into my KPA.

What am I doing wrong?

My OS is 5.3.2 public beta

• Did you ever see a note on the display, that 40 Rigs/Presets were successfully imported?

Is your Profiler operating system current? Perhaps your operating system is too old to handle current Preset files.

Have you simply tried another USB stick? Do other USB operations work with this USB stick e. g. creating a backup?

• Thanks for your reply.

No, I didn't get the note of a successful import.

The OS is 5.3.2 Beta

I didn't try a different USB-stick. All the other operations (Backup, Restore) were successful.

Maybe I should mention, that the profiler contains more than 900 rigs currently.

• Perhaps the 900 Rigs are the issue. It depends on how many Snapshots and Presets you have in addition. Please don't (mis)use the Profiler as a sound collection machine.

• Honestly, this question "how many Rigs can I store in the Profiler at maximum" leads in the wrong direction. Even browsing through 600 Rigs could get boring. The relevant question is, how many Rigs are you really playing. 50? Perhaps 80? I would consequently limit the Browse Pool of my Profiler to those. That makes rehearsals and studio work much more effective. The same applies to Presets. Who really wants to practically use hundreds of different IRs?

You could use Rig Manager to manage your bigger Rig collection, preview Rigs, and check out which one really complements your current Browse Pool. You can keep the rest in folders within Rig Manager.

• Thanks for your recommendations.

Firstly to the Import-problem: Reducing to roundabout 180 Rigs was successful. The IRs now had been implemented and also the (logical) message "40 Presets had been implemented successfully" occured. Maybe it's possible to give a hint in the reference-manual that too many rigs could prevent preset-imports or a summary of your recommendations from above in the reference-manual would be worth. (At least this would have prevented me from testing a whole evening/night and guessing what could be wrong).

To your recommendations: I have two Profilers, one at home (studio) and one in our rehearsal-room (for live-use). In the studio I'm using also the RigManager, but I don't use a laptop for my live-KPA. My idea for two Profilers was: prelistening profiles at home, put them on a stick and try them out in the rehearsal-room, if they could be capable for live-use. (Also OS-Beta-releases are only on my studio-KPA). This leads to too many profiles, I now learn. So from time to time I'll now clean up my KPAs.

But I don't think this applies also to Presets: Presets cannot be managed solely via RM. So it is necessary to store them somewhere because in the Studio I wanna try out all the capabilities of the Profiler for the best recording - results without copy/paste them from a directory on my PC to the Profiler So the "normal Studio-User" needs many IRs, Delay-Presets, variations of effects. a.s.o.

But hopefully someday we all may acquire a good software-editor to manage those issues.

• It is true, that Rig Manager cannot manage Presets up to now.

However, if you limit your Rigs to a few hundred, you can still have a few hundred Effect Presets and.Delay Presets plus a few hundred Cabinet Presets (IRs) on your Profiler. You can store more of each of those, than you probably want to check out one by one in the rehearsal room anyhow. I guess, you need to make some kind of preselection of Rigs and Presets in your home or studio environment and work with this selection in your rehearsal room. Otherwise it might become very boring for you band mates :-).