Can't hear phaser with distorted amp?

• Hi,

I'm trying to get a nice phaser sound, but I can barely hear it with distorted amps. It sounds nice on clean amps.
    I know one solution is to put the phaser after the amp instead of before, but unfortunately I'm out of slots. Most guitarists I know have their phaser before their distortion anyway.
    Is there any other way to fix this with the settings of the effect? I've played around with a few settings but no luck so far.

Thanks! :)

• Sorry to see you didn't receive an answer to your question - I don't have an answer but am finally digging into the effects in the Kemper a bit more. Thought maybe I'd bump this and see also if there is there a particular model of Phaser the Kemper is most like (e.g., MXR 90/100, Small Stone, BOSS, Mu-Tron, etc.)

I'm trying to get some Smashing Pumpkins-style contorted lead tones (supposedly a Mu-Tron Bi-Phase or Phase 90) and not having the best go of it so far ... though I do have VH patches where the Phaser sounds good (after the amp so wondered if maybe it's more like the MXR 90)...

• Hi there - I find backing off the gain on a distorted amp lets effects work more effectively. It also can sound heavier and more expressive, as the sound gets compressed as the gain goes up.

You might want to experiment with Parallel Path on really high gain stuff, so you can blend in the effects.

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.