Overwrote Rig in performance - how to go back?

• Hi...
    I had a rig in my performance on slot 4 and noodled around... I opened RM and tried another rig for a different noodling sound.
    Now, my slot 4 was overwritten with this new sound (rig) - and I have no idea how to get back to the old one?
    "Undo" button on Kemper is grayd out...
    I did not save the rig, neither the preformance. So I thought, restarting should give me my old performance back - nope. Did not work. Still the new rig inside, which I dont want in this performance.
    Any ideas? Why is "not saving" still saving?
    All the best!

• Just listening in here. Thought it was just me but nowadays I make sure to be in browse mode when using RM.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Are you sure it's not only the name of the rig that sticks? Does it sound like the RM rig too?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• yes... it was the stupid rm rig.
    I dialed my lost rig back in. But still, this is very annoying.Even if it would just be the name - if I dont save anything, nothing should be persitent.

• I agree. It's puzzling what's get saved or not when editing performances in RM.

• I dialed my lost rig back in. But still, this is very annoying.Even if it would just be the name - if I dont save anything, nothing should be persitent.

Nothing is persistent until you are using the [STORE] button. But a simple power cycle will, of course, not make it gone. Just switch to another performance and back to get the actually stored performance back.
    UNDO/REDO only works on rig level.

• The fact that powercycling does not "help" in your case is not a bug but a feature. The last loaded performance or rig is stored in a so called edit buffer which survives a restart in case the user forgot to store the changes that were made to the rig or performance before the Profiler was powered off.
    Switching to a different rig or performance clears the edit buffer and loads the newly selected rig or performance into it.

• Happens to me all the time , pisses me off big time ...

Rigs get overwritten just by testing them out ... so no editing in performance mode , but if you go to the right side (slots in a performance) and preview it starts all over again.

Still no clue why all this is happening , now I just back up a performance when it's ok , just to head back to it when everything is screwd up again ...

Wonder why there's no easy way to avoid all this :(

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I thought the 'right' way of working was test, adjust & save rigs in browse, then load the 'saved' rig to the relevant performance? It's what I do (I also have a 'favourite' performance where I save my best 'performance edited' rigs as a backup!)

• I only have the rigs that i use in performances ... not stored as seperate rigs

Regarding the rig overwriting I do wonder if it would change if the autoload rig feature is disabled

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• The fact that powercycling does not "help" in your case is not a bug but a feature. The last loaded performance or rig is stored in a so called edit buffer which survives a restart in case the user forgot to store the changes that were made to the rig or performance before the Profiler was powered off.
    Switching to a different rig or performance clears the edit buffer and loads the newly selected rig or performance into it.

That‘s a clear description of a solution which, in my humble opinion, is very logical and practical. If everyone was reading and following this, there should be no surprises. If you want to keep something *temporary*, store it. Otherwise it will be overwritten by the next temporary thing. That helps much more than it hurts

francisco jent - 2 powered toasters & 1 remote