Could I be doing something wrong? Not totally happy with sound.

• Yes, there was nothing wrong with the frequencies in that for me. I particularly liked the mid gain part at the end.

Actually, I tune my strat down to Eb permanently. I like the slightly lower string tension and slightly mellower sound.

I've been playing a lot this afternoon, trying Nick Ks new profile. I tried it with 5k HiCut, 7k HiCut, even turned off the EQ at one point and forgot I had done so, but its been fine. Then trying some other profiles (which I thought were OK) with HiCut of 5k. Aaargh terrible.

It seems its all down to the profile (or profiler). I think what I was trying to do with the 3k HiCut was make my whole library playable, but I agree with you now, that its better at 5k or 6k or 7k as long as its a good profile.

Thanks for taking the trouble to answer and do a demo. I've now moved yet another step closer to understanding this world of profiling and knowing how to get the perfect sound out of the kemper. :thumbup:

Sterling Musicman JP150, Fender USA Strat
    Kemper Powerhead & Remote > ElectroVoice ZLX12-P | Palmer 1x12 Cab(G12M) | Sennheiser HD558
    Audient iD14 > Reaper

• Frank, is that clip of the free PT20 profile?
    You got great Hands Bro :thumbup: ! Don’t take that the wrong way…
    Btw/// Thank you so much for taking the time on this forum… The difference with the EQ engaged in some profiles is night and day, it has made the Kemper experience much much better!

• Frank, is that clip of the free PT20 profile?
    You got great Hands Bro :thumbup: ! Don’t take that the wrong way…
    Btw/// Thank you so much for taking the time on this forum… The difference with the EQ engaged in some profiles is night and day, it has made the Kemper experience much much better!

You have good ears, but it isnt the pt20 profile. It's a BE 100 profile, but it sounds nearly similar to the pt 20 profile from Nick, when you didnt use a greenback cab. Greenbacks are not my cup of tea.

This BE 100 is played with a 1960 fredman1 cab from deadlight studios. Pure cab at 5.5. one of the best cabs i have ever heard ( exept Guido Bungenstocks new Soldano cab from his new SLO pack).

Cheers and thx

Frank

• OK, this is a little bit off topic but how do I save the cabinet from Guido’s SLO pack? I want to put it with my other cabinets but I’ve never done this,
    When it’s done, can I also rename it?
    It will just make it so easy to try out in other rigs… When I can pull it up right away and attach…
    I guess I have to save a low gain version and a high gain version?

• You can load any profile in the Kemper and go to the cab section and then save the cab with whatever name. Merged profiles are better than studio ones since they have "isolated" the cab from the amp, but even the extracted cab part from a studio profile may be useful.
    I would not cut frequencies as low as 3Khz as some others have stated (harmonics hardly survive), but you may get away filtering around 6 or 7 Khz. You shouldn't do it with acoustics though! The harshness is usually a problem with some metal-oriented profiles and not that frequent with the profiling done by "darker" -oriented vendors.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• OK, this is a little bit off topic but how do I save the cabinet from Guido’s SLO pack? I want to put it with my other cabinets but I’ve never done this,
    When it’s done, can I also rename it?
    It will just make it so easy to try out in other rigs… When I can pull it up right away and attach…
    I guess I have to save a low gain version and a high gain version?

Load the profile. Press cab. Press store. Choose what you like to store, cab or complete rig. Choose cab and press store. Rename the cab if you like. After complete storing the cab is in stock for cabinets.

If you like to combine it with another amp load a profile, press the cab button , browse for the new cab ( scroll until you find the cab in stock). Than press store.