really clean rig (audiofile)

• There is a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 I came across in Rig Exchange that I use for a clean sound with P-90s that is really good. I don't have my Kemper in front of me but I can find it if you are interested.

• There is a Roland Jazz Chorus 120 I came across in Rig Exchange that I use for a clean sound with P-90s that is really good. I don't have my Kemper in front of me but I can find it if you are interested.

I happen to have a Les Paul with P90s so I'm very interested. Thank you. :) Searching through my 13937 rigs in RM is not really an option.

• It is Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120. Author is HAL with a date of 06/03/15. I am not sure how to "give" you that profile but if you search in Rig Exchange for exactly "Roland Jazz Chorus JC-120" it is the only one that comes up. If you can't locate it maybe I attach a profile?

• it's not really clean, I'm hearing a Fender-ish breakup and additional compression.

With P90s you might want to try the middle position (one of my all time favs) and add some high end (this works for my P90 339)

• ~6720 Hz, Q 1.19 boost as necessary (probably quite a bit)
    • dial back the range of the above high end boost with HiCut ~9.4-9.7kHz
    • add compression

The free "AS Fan Deluxe 57" rig with Gain around 2.8 could be a good starting point

hth

• If it doesn't work out let us know if you find a better one. I am always interested in a nice clean rig.

I tried it and it sounds great. But I added some Reverb and increased Treble and Presence. I have my LP with P90's recently tuned to an open G because of a particular song, so I used my other LP for this sound. and it sounds great. Thanks you again! :)

Obviously my ears are not as well as those from you ( due to all loud music..) because I can't determine that. But I'try this option later too with my LP with P90s. I'll also try the Fan Deluxe 57 with you gain settings. Thanks too!

To all: I love the way you can discuss desirable sounds in this matter. I earlier suggested to establish a kind of rig library which consists of only specific rigs to sound exactly like the guitar in a specific song: How to sound like exactly the guitar in .............. ?
    IMO it would complete so much this forum. Because now you every time you have to search and tweak for hours to get that only desirable sound that you want to sound like your heroes, or just having a sound on one has heard before...

The argument that everybody would sound the same is of no meaning. It's still in your fingers...

• I earlier suggested to establish a kind of rig library which consists of only specific rigs to sound exactly like the guitar in a specific song: How to sound like exactly the guitar in .............. ?
    IMO it would complete so much this forum.

but the results you would get with such rigs are highly dependent on the tone of the guitar your plugging in - so mostly the pickups.
    And I don't mean in a HB, SC, P90 kinda way, you'd probably have to go down to the manufacturer/model level to do this accurately, which won't make the Rigs universal at all but, on the contrary, very specific.

I you could record the above riff (or somethig very similar) with your guitar, I could then make much more accurate EQ suggestions - my P90s and your P90s probably sound nothing like each other.

• For cleans I often use the BM Fan Showgirl 62 Clean from the free Bert Meulendijk rig pack (available via Rig Manager). Other times I use my own JTM30 profile that is on the Rig Exchange (though I have often changed the cab on it).

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Yes, you're right. Of course but then you know that the sound is right but your guitar is the problem. And if you can take it in consideration that you probably never know in what specific situation which specific guitar was used, live or studio or elsewhere.
    As for me, with my JP LP I can hear that it matches the used sound quite well and from there I can easily tweak a bit to narrow it a bit more.
    It would have been a struggle to start from scratch to get even close....

• For cleans I often use the BM Fan Showgirl 62 Clean from the free Bert Meulendijk rig pack (available via Rig Manager). Other times I use my own JTM30 profile that is on the Rig Exchange (though I have often changed the cab on it).

Indeed also great great sounds. The JTM30 comes in different versions but they all sound fine. Will surely use them. Thanks.