I'm up to 47,310 Rigs...

• Woohoo! I no longer feel bad about hovering in the 4800 profile range. I takes my Rig Manager a full minute to load. I cannot imagine how long yours does.... :D

Really, a full minute?
    Mine is fast, I just timed it and it's fully functional in under 5 seconds, and it seems it's struggling to download the online stuff during this time or it would be faster. Granted I have a upgraded 2010 Mac Pro, 40g of RAM, 3.33x12 core. And I only have 145 rigs on the Kemper. Not sure where your slow down is?

Edited once, last by ur2funky ().

• Don, I am sorry if I was wrong. I remember someone from Kemper saying, that there is really nothing special about this profile, when there was talk about it.

no worries.
    It IS a great Profile, that makes very clever use of the 'deeper' parameters CK implemented - however there is nothing magical or inexplicable about it. ;)

• Well, if you want to audition them - at five minutes per Rig, four hours per day, it will only take you 197 days and one hour to hear each one :)

It's comforting to see that people around here are more concerned with tone than with maths... ;)
    I'm an outsider on this forum so I noticed that my maths tell me something different. 5 minutes per rig, 4 hours per day means 48 rigs per day so that would be closer to 1000 days. To be more exact : start auditioning today, and you will have heard them all on August 16 2020. I hope you still remember what the first one sounded like at that moment, else you will need to start over...

• It's comforting to see that people around here are more concerned with tone than with maths... ;) I'm an outsider on this forum so I noticed that my maths tell me something different. 5 minutes per rig, 4 hours per day means 48 rigs per day so that would be closer to 1000 days. To be more exact : start auditioning today, and you will have heard them all on August 16 2020. I hope you still remember what the first one sounded like at that moment, else you will need to start over...

Haha! Aug 2020 is two Black Fridays from now, and that means more savings on more Profiles, I'm not sure if it's possible to finish!

• Really, a full minute?Mine is fast, I just timed it and it's fully functional in under 5 seconds, and it seems it's struggling to download the online stuff during this time or it would be faster. Granted I have a upgraded 2010 Mac Pro, 40g of RAM, 3.33x12 core. And I only have 145 rigs on the Kemper. Not sure where your slow down is?

Yeah, I think it has something to do with the laptop mine is on. I looked at it again and the program comes up fast, but seems to delay for a while downloading and catching up (low end i5 and 8gb with Win10). Yep, time for an upgrade I think ;)

• LOL! @Uno4Kemper - your math is undoubtedly more accurate than mine - I did it in my head, without double checking it. :)

Like most people, I have more rigs in RM than I will ever hear.

But, I ended up using just one rig for both guitars and for the bass in a traditional electric blues song I recorded yesterday. AMPEG B15 something....

• I have 391 profiles in the Kemper. Sure som profiles works better with different guitars/pickups and like 25 profiles are bass profiles. I need to delete more of the free profiles I never use. Been too lazy to do that. What's the point to bragg about how many profiles you use as the TS does? Is it a contest? The one with the most profiles when he/she or the kemper dies win? I rather make new songs and record than collecting profiles.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• Well i pledge one whole week of just guitars and getting to the best rigs over the Holidays.
    Its time we allocate time to find the gems!. Get your self some slow release Guarana (better than coffee)
    Pick out a time and lock your self in with RM...I expect to get through a good 30% of those rigs in RM.
    And find some keepers!

The hardest part is finding a Gem and then you just are noodling for hours with beer and dont search more!
    Not pointing my finger at any one :D

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• @deadpan 5 is only a joke Brother ^^ , i actually use all performance slots in BOTH MY kempers!!
    (2 remotes 2 totally different performances! 8o ) I have to play, Reggae, funk, Metal , Rock and strange shyte.

So i am constantly making new ideas with new rigs and writing some songs with one rig that ill never use again
    if that makes sense? I have many styles even in the metal genre i have to work on like stoner, black metal and modern etc.

So really i am allowed to have that many rigs :D
    My goto for Stoner ATM is YOUR DBuz rigs BTW
    and my goto for metal soloing ATM is your triple Rec :P
    And that Block letter is just killer, soon as you get a full rig IR kemper pack i am down for it

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• It's comforting to see that people around here are more concerned with tone than with maths... ;) I'm an outsider on this forum so I noticed that my maths tell me something different. 5 minutes per rig, 4 hours per day means 48 rigs per day so that would be closer to 1000 days. To be more exact : start auditioning today, and you will have heard them all on August 16 2020. I hope you still remember what the first one sounded like at that moment, else you will need to start over...

I like both of your "maths". I've had the Kemper for 4 years, so it seems about right :)

The old 'memory stick shuffle'...I think of how much easier Rig Manager has made the process. Now I wish the same for the IRs.

• Oh haha, 2 Kempers! Maybe some day!

• well.. some people are collecting stamps and some people are collecting amps.. :)

it´s all about having fun.. it doesn´t matter if someone is having a lot of fun playing 1 to 5 profiles only or the other one is having a lot of fun while playing, trying, comparing, tweaking hundreds of them.. only the amount of fun is all that matters and is important, isn´t it? IMHO ;)

so let´s KEMPER ON!! :love:

ps: and it is also much cheaper to collect KPA amps than guitars or real amps, hehe.. :D