Goodbye Dimi

• To those that may not yet be aware, Dimi had his account deactivated at his request because of continual harassment and hacking attempts on accounts outside the forum. His YouTube has also been the victim of someone(s) using bots to blast it with dislikes the moment he posts anything.

Below is an example of routine harassment from his social media platforms, such as his askfm.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/9XlfrAR.jpg]

So clearly someone from the forum taking it upon themselves to "avenge" the objectively true things Dimi has pointed out and tested here in regards to the KPA and profiling.

If the person doing this is reading this post (which is likely), seriously reevaluate your life. You're going on an all-out, daily vendetta against someone over a what they said about a piece of gear? Why? To silence any differing opinion no matter how constructive? You know this doesn't actually prove any logical point, right? It's harassment, which is no foundation of truth.

When I got a KPA and joined the forum, I'd consistently read about how much better and more civil this is from the Fractal forum. Having now seen both sides, there's not nearly the significant difference that's perceived, or at least the ownership of a KPA doesn't make its users suddenly fill with moral superiority and immunity from acting like children. That's a shame. People invest so personally into a piece of gear that it drives them to this point of tribalist, protectionist immaturity.

So, no more Dimi, which is a loss, not a gain for this community.

• Wow, that’s very bad and I'm sad to see Dimi go.

I'm afraid this forum has changed for the worse over time.
    Nearly each and every controversial thread ends in bullying and name calling.
    Harassing somebody over questions regarding gear is nothing but pathetic.
    Personally I have retreated to posting only occasionally.

• Wow, that’s very bad and I'm sad to see Dimi go.

I'm afraid this forum has changed for the worse over time.
    Nearly each and every controversial thread ends in bullying and name calling.
    Harassing somebody over questions regarding gear is nothing but pathetic.
    Personally I have retreated to posting only occasionally.

I agree and can relate to everything in this post (and in the original post too).

This is ridiculous.

Anybody who does stuff like this is NOT welcome on this forum at all. Please leave the community. Nobody wants you here.

Man, I will miss Dimi. I hope he will come back eventually. He has been a great asset to the forum.

• I will miss Dimi too, hopefully he will be able to come back soon, please don’t give up guys! This is still a fantastic forum... I have never experienced more helpful, kind, considerate, patient people… we share the same passion, to get that perfect guitar tone!
    Remember, every Apple tree has a few rotten apples fall from it, but all of the good ones outweigh the few bad ones that eventually drop to the ground.
    This is a corrupt evil world, let’s not allow this forum to follow suit!

• I don't post much on here, I usually just read stuff and learn occasionally praising someones profiles/tones. I too read when I first joined that this place was much better than the Fractal forum and for the most part I have enjoyed my time on here. I don't always agree with some of the posts regarding how close or not close the kemper sounds to the real amp(i'm the happiest I've ever been with my rig/tone, I wish the kemper had been around a long time ago), however with regards to the harassment, thats just crap. The keyboard warriors out there, get a life!

• to elervate yourself from defaming others means you are certainly lacking in many areas.

Dylan be interesting to see which users, well I am sure Dimi has given his email out to friends here, I got it and will be staying in touch

Dimi is actually a funny bastard, his personality is some times a comedian

Those assholes miss out on that, what a life to need to do that, maybe they should try chasing pussy or find a hobby.,The human condition

Ash

Have a beer and don't sneer. -CJ. Two non powered Kempers -Two mission stereo FRFR Cabs - Ditto X4 -TC electronic Mimiq.

• What the hell?

That's really not acceptable at all and makes my blood boil that anyone would do this to a member of our community.

Agreed. I really dislike this tone. In the past people would ask questions, praise, criticize or even be openly upset at the Kemper but the community would rally around and offer support, suggestions and sympathy and would not be zealous about the whole thing. The Kemper is a great fun and practical tool, it's neither perfect nor a religion.

We're all here because basically we're cork sniffers, we share the same goals, we're almost all tube amp owners and don't want to compromise. If we didn't care about tone or about the tiny details we'd use Line6 or BOSS floorboards and be done. Instead we have critical facility and want the very best possible, right now that's the Kemper but it's not about brand loyalty it's about a desire to own the best and be the best. We share a desire for excellence and want the Kemper to fill that gap. It should be about what we share.

• I think it's silly for him to leave. It's the internet man. The more you post in various areas, people have access to you.

Sounds like Dimi needs to get off of the social media platforms. Or at least take a break. If you put yourself out there, you'll get noticed. By the good and the bad. If you can't take the bad. Leave the platforms.

This forum has it's shares of debates. I made the mistake of getting involved in them. Not anymore. It's not worth the headache.

With that being said. There is a ton I've learned here. Some of the members are very knowledgeable. It's a shame to see Dimi go.

• You see more and more shills on this forum now, so I'm not surprised.

Online bullies are scum. But by hiding, you're giving into their demands.

@MementoMori, could you give me the full name of the poster who attacked Dimi on lastfm? Takes a troll to hurt a troll.

It's not as if Dimi is too sensitive or anything, I just think he tired of the harassment and just felt the forum wasn't worth the pain in the ass it had become. He also didn't disclose the user name and I assume he doesn't want to. It was sent casually a few days back like, "this is what happens daily".

The guy's perfectly fine, and he didn't ask or probably want me to share that image and make this post, but I felt it was worth sharing to highlight some things that come with being a "controversial member". SinMix also gets bots disliking his videos the moment they're put up (even ones having nothing to do with KPA profiles) and harassing comments. Sad to see.

• I agree Sin is still getting and he hasn't been on the forum in awhile

Well, he's still in the big FB group that also has plenty of less-than-savory characters.

• Wow, this is terrible and crazy. Sorry to see you go Dimi.

I just hope that whoever did that realizes that this is not a joke or funny. it's actually very stupid, and if they don't stop it they can and will likely end up facing real legal consequences when they least expect it.

• It's not as if Dimi is too sensitive or anything, I just think he tired of the harassment and just felt the forum wasn't worth the pain in the ass it had become. He also didn't disclose the user name and I assume he doesn't want to. It was sent casually a few days back like, "this is what happens daily".
    The guy's perfectly fine, and he didn't ask or probably want me to share that image and make this post, but I felt it was worth sharing to highlight some things that come with being a "controversial member". SinMix also gets bots disliking his videos the moment they're put up (even ones having nothing to do with KPA profiles) and harassing comments. Sad to see.

Oh, I know he's not sensitive. But by not posting here, he is basically hurting nobody.

You should keep taking the piss out of your detractors by doing what they hate most.

That's what I've resolved to keep doing. I mean, hell, mutually assured destruction is probably the only deterrent we have in a dog-eat-dog world.