Toontrack The Rock Foundry SDX by Bob Rock

• I was listening to the demo's, some are really nice.

But after just buying 3, I don't think I have an urge to grab new sounds, since this new version has so many kits as well as producer presets to start playing with.

My complaint (if there is one) is there paltry sum of MIDI offerings in packages these days (ie 1600 loops), but when they do offer them, they are all rather stagnant (same type of offerings out there for a decade).
    I've found more inspiration from the weird but unique patterns in my Dr Rhythm 880 (when I had it) than any MIDI pack since. That is, I used to write songs to drum patterns, now I write them despite the patterns and find the drum parts after or during the process.

As to The Rock Foundry, that would also be looking for another 60GB+ which is hard to swallow after a 230 GB download to begin with, no?
    or do folks use external drives for this stuff these days?

Edited once, last by db9091 ().

• I still haven't upgraded to 3 and agree. SD 3 and Rock Foundry, cheezesus,there would be too litttle left on the D drive for me. 1TB hard drive isn't much these days. I remember when I bought a pc with 6GB hard drive and that was much back then. :D

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I'm into SSD drives for my main drive. I could use a secondary disc drive I suppose but i like the tidyness of a 1TB SSD. When the price of 2TB SSD come down below $250 that will solve a lot of my whining! ha