Delay: enable/disable the infinite and hold feature

• Hi!

I really like the new delays. I usually use several delays per rig.
    The infinite and hold features are amazing. Unfortunately, I only want some delays to switch between "normal" and "infinite". Right now, infinite is activated or deactivated for all delay together (slap back delay with infinite repeat 8| ).
    It would be immensely more practical to have the possibility to decide, which delay should respond to the infinite/hold command.

This could be accomplished by a simple checkbox.

An additional upgrade would be to extend the infinite & hold feedback range down to 0%, so that you could just choose any value. (We could argue if in that case renaming this feature would be appropriate.)

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

Please, no workaround or why-would-you-want-to-do-that comments. (I need the morphing for other, more complex things & Yes..I know I could use the legacy delay, but I like the sound of the new delay.)
    I'd be really happy to hear that this is already possible and I just overlooked it.

cheers, Karsten

• Would it help to trigger the infinite hold from a button on the remote perhaps?

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Still not 100% sure what your issue is but you can assign the hold to a specific remote button (1-4) and only use it when needed.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Are you using the Profiler Remote?
    It is all possible.

Hi ckemper! How can I do it?

Still not 100% sure what your issue is but you can assign the hold to a specific remote button (1-4) and only use it when needed.

I want to use 2 delays. Activating infinite (or hold) should only affect one delay, the other delay should not be affected (no change of the feedback).

I know how to assign infinite to a remote button (looper, tuner, tap, exp; 1-4 is not assignable to infinite as far as I know).
    I only use it when need, but also need to define which delay it controls.

Do you understand the issue now?

• Yes :). Try on the specific delay screen and click the hold softbutton while holding down one of the I-IV buttons. Haven't tested but should assign that button to the hold effect.

• Hold, Infinity, and Rotary Speaker Speed are so called Action & Freeze functions, which can be assigned to Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote or external momentary switches and can also be triggered via MIDI control changes:

#33 Rotary Speed
    #34 Infinity
    #35 Hold

• Hold, Infinity, and Rotary Speaker Speed are so called Action & Freeze functions, which can be assigned to Effect Buttons I-IIII of the Remote or external momentary switches and can also be triggered via MIDI control changes:

#33 Rotary Speed
    #34 Infinity
    #35 Hold

Am I right that only assigning the Action & Freeze functions to Effect Buttons I-IIII allows me to control one specific delay (if more delays are) in the rig? the other assignments seem to be global, for every rig and controlling every delay. (I have not tried midi)

It is really great that the LED of the Effect Buttons I-IIII show the status of the assigned Action & Freeze function.
    It would be great to be able to overwrite per rig the global settings for looper/tuner/tap by assigning FX slots or Action & Freeze functions to those button, making them react exactly like the Effect Buttons I-IIII and using the LED for visual feedback.

For my application it would be really helpful because in some rigs I might need the tap tempo and in others I might not need it and could use the button for Action & Freeze functions with visual feedback.

• The Effect Buttons I-IIII are assigned by Rig and specific to a particular Effect Module.

All other assignments are global. If you for example want to have a global Rotary Speaker Speed button, this is the most effective way, as you don't need to edit lots of Rigs. Looper/Tap/Tuner buttons as well as external momentary switches don't have LEDs indicating their assigned function. So, if their assignments would vary by Rig you would easily loose oversight. As these are global you can place a label "Rotary Speed" close by.

We also don't want to stuff Rigs with user preferences, so that these Rigs become functionally incompatible when being shared e. g. via Rig Exchange and used in a different environment. What should happen with a functional assignment to the Looper button, if the receiving user is using the default Looper functionality?

Remember that Performance Mode offers 625 Slots for complete sounds. So there is no need to press 10 different sounds into one single Slot :thumbup: .

• Quote from Burkhard

All other assignments are global. If you for example want to have a global Rotary Speaker Speed button, this is the most effective way, as you don't need to edit lots of Rigs.

It's great to have global assignments. But most of the time I don't want to be restricted by the global settings. Especially on a machine that could cover so many different needs for different musical projects without carrying a lot of extra gear.
    If you want to make use of the various possibilities of the KPA you are forced to edit global settings. That's really not practical.

Looper/Tap/Tuner buttons as well as external momentary switches don't have LEDs indicating their assigned function.

I guess it would be possible to use the LEDs of looper/tuner/tap to indicate the status. I think it is possible to remember the assigned function as easily as I can remember if I assigned a red effect button to a slight boost or a crazy fuzz.

We also don't want to stuff Rigs with user preferences, so that these Rigs become functionally incompatible when being shared e. g. via Rig Exchange and used in a different environment.

I don't see how user preferences would make the Rigs unsharable.
    It is already possible for example to use global or per rig settings for the volume pedal. It's exactly the same situation. What if I set the position to pre FX in global and try a rig that is designed to have the volume pre stack....not a big deal.

What should happen with a functional assignment to the Looper button, if the receiving user is using the default Looper functionality?

Than the receiving user can't access the looper, until he or she deactivates the rig setting, or changes the rig. that does not seem to be a problem. It even is a possibility to learn for the user about using the looper button in a customized way.

Remember that Performance Mode offers 625 Slots for complete sounds. So there is no need to press 10 different sounds into one single Slot

True, if you that suits your needs.
    Unfortunately, for many musical situations I'm not a big fan of changing rigs. The concept of a complete sound is exactly the opposite of what I'm aiming for. I try to maximize the flexibility and tweakability while I play.

Seriously...why do I have to decide if I want to sacrifice Tap Tempo for Rotary Speed for all 625 slots???
    ..why can't I ever access the looper in any rig, just because in one rig I really need to use the looper button for infinite delay ;(

Please explain, because I really can't see any benefit.

We could easily have global settings and per rig settings that would overwrite the global settings, if needed.

• What you suggest is a nightmare of complexity for the majority of users. If you absolutely don't want to adapt the philosophy and many possibilities the Remote offers, perhaps you have to consider using a different foot controller.

• Does any of you know how to still have the delay active as a layer after freeze? When I freeze the delay, the guitar tone becomes dry.. It should have one freezed delay at the same time as it keeps having normal delay.. Anyone know how?

• Do you have a remote? If so use two delays, copy and paste if you want the same, connect to the remote stomp switch of your choice and assign the freeze function for the first delay and the on/off button to the second so when you hit the switch, the freeze activates and the second delay turns on, works great if I remember correctly.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• Forgot to say you have to play with the freeze buttons so that that one delay activates the freeze, the delay that turns on deactivates.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.