Can someone help me? KPA with a Line 6 Firehawk 1500

• Hey all!

I have an un-powered KPA rack that i am using with my Line 6 firehawk 1500, and so far i have it connected with a single cable coming out of the kemper main out into the line 6 monitor in (mono) but from what i have read online this will only use the 12" speaker and the horn, and not the 4 coaxial speakers?

I would like to use all 6 and have the option to adjust the settings in the KPA output menu so i can set it up as W/D/W as and when i want!

would anyone be able to advise me where i plug stuff in? Im not all that clued up on this side of things and so any help would be appreciated!

• Sorry for the late reply but I too have the firehawk and I found the best way to get a w/d/w connection to it is to do the following

Connect the monitor out or direct out (set to "stack")of the kpa into the fx mono effect return of the firehawk.

Connect the left and right main output (set to delay/reverb only) of the kpa into the monitor ins of the firehawk.

Make sure the firehawk patch is blank except for a fx loop block and adjust the gain within the app and using the gain knob for the monitor ins accordingly to get the right balance of wet and dry

• thanks! @thegibster97

You are the only other person i have spoken too/seen on this forum that currently has the FH!

Il give your suggestion a try and see what happens, the only thing is when i had it setup the way i mentioned, it would only work with the Top Jimi 1984 profile? If i switched to a different profile id get a really weird sound as if the stack section had been turned off and i was only getting the FX?

• Guys MOCMunkeh  thegibster97

Looking to buy this Firehawk 1500 as opposed to the Power Cab. I like the flexibility the FH gives in terms of conenctions, the Bluetooth feature is a big plus to me as well as the Variax interface that could open a lot of possibilities.

TBH the FH has so much more power that I need but I am interested mostly in the other features.

How do you like your FH now that other FRFR have been released including the Power Cab?

• The one and only downside that i find with it is the weight, it does weigh a fair amount at like 35kg and with the one handle on the top and not the sides its a cumbersome beast, however, with the bluetooth feature the fact its a really good back up if in the unlikely event your KPA goes pop, its more than loud enough and it looks like a cab as apposed to a monitor.

• Thank you MOCMunkeh

The only thing I wonder is about the connectivity. I have read several threads on the L6 Forum and while I understand the W/D/W ways of connecting, there seems to be an overall consensus on not being able to use it as a full FRFR solution. I mean, there is no way of engaging all speakers at once for a non W/D/W set-up.

I am particularly concerned because the Dry signal would lose a lot of content that normally is reproduced by the coax drivers and horn.

What is your opinion about that? Has there been a firmware update changing that?