[Mattfig] code BF2018 gets 60% off Happy Thanksgiving!

• I think Matt is doing better packs since he focuses on amps rather than modules. The Friedman and the Vox in particular are excellent. I also have three or four packs from the modules and they are good, but Matt is getting better, and he is a go-to vendor as well as a generous one.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I think Matt is doing better packs since he focuses on amps rather than modules. The Friedman and the Vox in particular are excellent. I also have three or four packs from the modules and they are good, but Matt is getting better, and he is a go-to vendor as well as a generous one.

Thank you CJ.....I agree....Profiling is an art in itself...It took me almost 2 years to start getting it right but now I'm ready for anything. Also I think I will revisit a few modules now that I know better what I am doing....
    Cheers sir!

Hey Matt, just grabbed the Mr. Boga profiles. Looking forward to trying them out :thumbup:

AWESOME.....Prepare for METAL! Thank you.

• Alright, celebrating nothing in particular but wanting to make some people happy today with free profiles.

You name the pack, I send it to you....Single packs please, don't ask for the full pack....I'm not that giving today....lol

Next 4 responders who will write a review will get their wishes granted.... :)

Let's ROCK!

• Matt was kind enough to sling me a set of the JJ-Watt profiles and I've spent some time with them. The JJ Watt is a 50 Hi Watt clone built by Jason Jurczyk. This set is like the Acey and the JMP in that it has several steps in gain - in this case 4 steps from Clean to Mid Gain, High Gain and finally, High Gain +.

It employs the same 4x12 cabs used in the JMP set with Alnico Blues, Greenbacks, Lynchbacks, V30s and Classic Lead 80s which are pretty warm and round sounding and, from what I gather, are close relatives to the C90s Mesa Boogie use in some of their cabs and seem to be MBritt's driver of choice.

The amp was profiled at all 4 gain levels with bright and normal settings and all 5 cabs.

This amp has a character that is clearly distinct from the Vox and the Marshall - plenty of top end and chiming clean tones. I think it is a geat amp for rock or blues and styles like ska and reggae and the clean sounds would work with any style from jazz to country to ambient - they took effects really well and the clarity they retained even when drenched with mod, delay and reverb Fx was really impressive.

I found the clean profiles sounded absolutely beautiful with humbuckers - LP/335/PRS type guitars with mahogony bodies/maple tops will work really well with these profiles. The clean profiles are right up there in volume - not weaker sounding than the higher gain ones - and they are so clear and warm with the humbuckers - no muddiness of shrillness - just a beautiful balance of frequencies with exceptional clarity. I don't know if Matt is using ribbon mics at all but this is the sort of warm transparent sound I associate with those mics.

The mid gain and high gains worked just as well for lines and rhythm parts - you could not make these sound bad with a 335 with 11s on it - finding the sound you want is just a matter of dialing in the volume level on the guitar and you have tones that are just breaking up, crunch sounds or singing, sustaining lines.

I had good results with single coils also. The HG+ and HG gave me ripping rock lead and solid rhythm tones with a tele and the crisp Clean and Mid Gain profiles came up well with lower output from that guitar. I think the HG+ profiles are going to work best for strat and tele players. The thicker tones from P90s were a great match for this whole set and I think semi acoustic guitars work exceptionally well with this set.

When I dump these into Rig Manager the first profile in the list is the clean bright Alnico profile and that first one sounds so immediately impressive that I think the set is worth having for that profile alone. I have to complement Matt for the tones he is getting out of those cabs with the signal chain he is using - (C'mon spill Man! - What are these profiles recorded with?) I have all four of his latest sets now and they have been on high rotation here over the holidays. I look forward to where he goes next with his latest methods.

• I agree on the JJ amp pack. It is very useful. I think Matt can provide a good ratio of interesting profiles per pack, at least in his latest work.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• Yeah Matt was nice enough to give me some JJ watt profiles for some testing and I concur with what you say. The cleans are absolutely beautiful and the gainy ones are great with some EQing. The quality of these profiles is similar to the AC30. I may love them a little more. British style but not Marshall sound.

There are also other great sounding packs from Matt that are in the shadow of the BE and AC but I highly recommend the evil robot, the rockerverb and chieftain. Same quality, different flavors.

All I can say is : looking to the next packs.

• Thanks very much for that detailed review....Too cool....And as far as the signal chain goes, perhaps one day I will reveal it but it isn't anything groundbreaking... ;) Just a crap load of trial and error...Oh yeah, and there is now a Ribbon mic in my profile chain....Good ear!

I agree on the JJ amp pack. It is very useful. I think Matt can provide a good ratio of interesting profiles per pack, at least in his latest work.

Thanks CJ....Yes, my work has certainly been on an upward curve....Thanks for hanging with me, I've got some big things for 2018!

Yeah Matt was nice enough to give me some JJ watt profiles for some testing and I concur with what you say. The cleans are absolutely beautiful and the gainy ones are great with some EQing. The quality of these profiles is similar to the AC30. I may love them a little more. British style but not Marshall sound.

There are also other great sounding packs from Matt that are in the shadow of the BE and AC but I highly recommend the evil robot, the rockerverb and chieftain. Same quality, different flavors.

All I can say is : looking to the next packs.

Thanks pamplemousse! I can't wait to bring the next packs to the table!