[Mattfig] code BF2018 gets 60% off Happy Thanksgiving!

• If you trust me, you can now purchase my VHE 5150iii EL34 Profiles....No clips but they're coming....

30 Studio profiles through V30s, Greenbacks, Lynchbacks, Classic Lead 80s, and Anniversary 65 speakers...

6 DI profiles...

Brown sound, check. Supercharged metal, check. Gorgeous cleans, check.

• I have tried the Supro rigs with a Strat. Not really a Supro but a Randall preamp combined with different cabs. Some directs too. I think the 2x12 open cab may be my favorite here. Some rigs are a bit boomy and dark with the Strat (so imagine a LP), but others aren't at all. Actually, some crunch and high gain here can be really good, at least with a Strat. Gotta try with other pups and thru monitors or cabs. I 've had a bird's eye view thru phones, but overall it's an interesting pack, which proves revisiting the Randall preamps is a good idea, Matt.

Never too old for rock'n'roll

• I hope I don’t come across as a jerk by saying this, but I am very interested in trying the 5150iii EL34 profiles. I don’t play clean and I don’t play low gain. Every time I buy a high gain pack I end up deleting 90% of the pack from my kemper. This goes for a lot of high gain packs I have purchased that have low gain/clean profiles. Would it be possible to make a pack for this amp with only fire breathing high gain profiles? Thank you!

• Hey Matt, thanks for sending me a pack. I left it up to him and Matt sent me the Diamond Hammersmith, an amp I wasn't familiar with. Matt used Celestion Alnico Blues, Green backs, Vintage 30's and Lynchbacks, so basically 5 cleans, 5 Crunch channel profiles, and 4 Lead profiles (each set has a DI profile there is no Lynchback profile in the Lead set).At first play I wasn't that impressed, I thought they were unusable for me, but I didn't want to give up because of Matt's generosity, so I got a Graphic EQ from another profile I had from RE and bang they came to life. I think at first it was a volume problem as they seemed lower than my other profiles and the boost in Mids and volume made these pretty good. Very Marshallesque to me. The Alnico Blues profile has a great spongy feel with a nice bottom end, the Greenbacks tighten up the bottom end and sounded like a decent modded 800, with the V30 being somewhere in between the 2 with a bit spongier feel. Now I'm assuming Matt called them Crunch because that is what Diamond calls that channel but they were not a crunch tone at all lol. They were a bit higher in gain than I would normally use but they had good clarity and very useable for rock/hard rock. The only profile which I found unusable was the Crunch LB (lynchbacks), it was unusually muffled? (not sure what the go was Matt, maybe needs to be checked?) Now I don't think it's my ears or preference because I do love another profiler who is known for darker profiles (slightly muffled at bedroom volumes but come to life live). This one was more muffled than that (sorry Matt). Anyway, the Lead profiles pretty much correspond to the crunch ones with the same speakers (except not a LB one) and they are just much higher in Gain, so I couldn't use them for anything except for.....well leads!. Now on to the cleans, Matt did tell me the cleans on this were surprising, well they were pretty good! I actually got acoustic tones from the v30 & LB's on the bridge position and middle position on my PRS. I didn't coax any funky single coil tones out of them, but good strummy (is that even a word) tones and arpeggiated chords. So overall a reasonable pack with a bit of tweaking. Cheers all.

• Hey Matt,

Thanks for letting me try the MTS Supro revisited. I tested them yesterday evening. Here's my review.
    40 profiles at all gain ranges. DI and 4 different cabs: 1x12 open, 1x12 closed, 2x12 open, 2x12 closed, all loaded with creambacks.
    I'm not a high gain guy so I will not comment much these. They are IMHO those most sensitive to bassiness/boominess. The cleans and crunches are in the verve of your latest profiles I have (AC30 and Hiwatt), they are really good with extreme great articulation, great harmonics and overall balance. This is standard now with your work. I played them with my LP on both PUs and all is well here. From clean to half gain course, it makes a very versatile set of profiles. Depending on the gain, I found myself preferring one cab or another, so having the choice is worthy.

I cannot tell what is the base amp for this preamp but it is not a typical vintage supro amp as I could have expected at first.
    Compared to your initial Supro pack, it is huge upgrade. Up to par profiling technique and much more important choice of gains and cabs.

Again, thank you Matt, you are a very generous and skilled profiler. You definitively need to put a hand on some rare vintage or boutique gear, that would be lovely.

• External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Any thoughts on Freebie Pack 2??

For starters I enjoyed the cabinet names :) - will check them out next time the KPA is fired up. Thanks!

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• New demo...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here's what you have to look forward to from Mattfig.com ...

A Badcat Hotcat based profile that will be highly experimental with power sections rather than cabs. I will find the perfect match for each power tube config...EL84, EL34, 6L6, 6550 all will be paired with this preamp and it should yield some interesting results...We start in a few days....

My first bass profiles are coming! Ampeg-based and clean through grit with clarity and anger that has not yet been introduced to bass profiles... ;)

A new Ectasy Red and Blue pack coming from a new Salvation preamp...

Also a new Marshall pack that will cover that gamut as well as tones that Marty Friedman would appreciate....Plus more....!!!