[Mattfig] code BF2018 gets 60% off Happy Thanksgiving!

• Alrighty! I guess I really set myself up here taking so long to do the review as the other 4 have done there's! (4 kids makes it hard to get anything done)
    With sooo many BE100 profiles out there (I literally have probably 1000) it's proving a very popular amp and obviously profiles very well. I will say from the outset that some of my favorite vendors haven't hit the mark (for me) with the BE and some packs only yield anywhere between 1-5 keepers. I'm a live guitar player and do not record anymore so I have to put that out there because I believe Matts BE100 v2 is more suited to the recording artist(not a bad thing). However I think when you have played for over 35 years you have to trust your ears and your setup to judge profiles on their merits. My setup is Kemper with Main out to a powered Alto 212 and then from the monitor out to a Crate Powerblock (cab off) into a semi closed back Blackstar Cab with Celestion 70/80's which is pretty cool because with the volume of the guitar cab a little lower than the Alto, I get the frequencies that are missing from not having to run the rig up to gig volumes, but i can also switch one or the other off to judge profiles sitting in different situations. For the purpose of this review I used a PRS 22 with Dragon 2 pickups which is my go to guitar for testing profiles as it is pretty balanced across frequencies, also a G&L Strat Maple neck/fingerboard with a custom wound Seymour Duncan Humbucker (think EVH) and 2 Suhr single coils, and also for lower output pickups but closer to a LP, I used my PRS 594. The new pack is definitely a very balanced pack with regards to frequencies, the palette is there for tweakers to find "their" tone, (as one of the other reviewers mentioned not thin or lacking in bottom end) but not slanting towards Mids or Trebles either . I usually like more bottom end type tones (more like Matts first BE) and when testing the V2 against V1 and other BE profiles at first I wasn't sure it was for me, but when I went in fresh at the start of each day it sounded pretty cool so I decided to stop comparing to other packs (you know that feeling, your ears hear too many different frequencies, then you go back and forth thinking the next one sounds way better or way worse than the other). As I went through the profiles its pleasantly apparent that there is no top end fizz or annoying tones to try and subtract, rather I just had the urge to add Bass....but I didn't. I also kept hearing tones that sounded like classic rock tones, think AC/DC, Aerosmith, Zep, Bad Company etc (dare I say you could coax some VH out of them!), so I started playing along to those bands and comparing to some of the isolated guitar tones you can get out on the interweb, and some live albums. I think Matt has picked some great cabs to profile with, but I found that where I liked one of the cabs more than the other 2 in one set of Gain settings, I liked one of the other cabs in higher gain sets so it is a very versatile pack. Case in point the Clean Studio 1, 2, and 3 set with humbuckers, one cab will sound better for strumming chords where as another cab sounded better for picking/arpeggiating notes. With the single coils, one cab would sound better in the neck position, and then another cab would work better in position 2 or 4 which to me is very, very cool. I particularly liked the lower/mid gain profile HG2 with the elite 80's 212 where as the MG4 set (which were amongst my favorites) i preferred the Greenbacks. This pack is geared towards more low to mid gain but the HBE 100 is great for more modern rhythm tones and the HBE 100+ (especially the Greenbacks) is great for that lead tone that is on the edge of feedback although I don't usually play with that much gain on the Kemper. Kudos needs to be given to Matt for the HBE profiles especially because this is where a lot of other packs fall down with the BE 100. Some other vendors seem to go from a reasonable BE tone to unusable HBE, usually with that fizz that I mentioned earlier. Whilst the pack has a good range of gain levels from clean to high gain, I did raise the gain on the HBE 100 to about 6.5 (I like it there for hard rock rhythm) and also lowered the HBE100+ to the same level to create some great new tones. This pack is smoother to me than some of the other packs out there but you can easily coax nastier tones (in a good way) with a few tweaks. To wrap this up, it took me a few days to get my head around this pack and appreciate it. Once I get my grubby paws onto the EQ knobs and the Definition parameter I think I can get "my" tone quite easily but I think he has captured the amp in a good light with the cabs and mics. I hope I have done your generosity justice with this review Matt, you have quite a few fans and followers on here and I think your improvement as a profiler is the reason why. Cheers from Downunder

• It's reality check time at http://www.mattfig.com

The reviews have been great lately but it's becoming increasingly clear that the market is flooded with profiles. I'm paying for things like a website, instant purchase delivery, etc. on top of the massive amount of hours capturing profiles and all that comes along with that, while trying to be very accessible to customers and potential customers alike.

I'm hoping that those who have been on the fence will use code BIGNEWS in hopes that I can sustain my site until I'm able to make this announcement...

http://www.mattfig.com thanks you! Please tell your friends!

• GOOD MORNING!

Let's do this today! I'll be here slinging the freebies...No not entire packs, but single profiles....

Here's how I would like this to work....

1. Open a conversation with me here and send me specs of which tone you want and where I can email it.

2. Play the profile and realize what you have been missing.

3. Go to http://www.mattfig.com and buy some full packs, they're quite worth it! ;)

Thanks guys,
    Mattfig

• This has been working out quite well.....Let's do it one more week......Offer extended...

GOOD MORNING!

Let's do this today! I'll be here slinging the freebies...No not entire packs, but single profiles....

Here's how I would like this to work....

1. Open a conversation with me here and send me specs of which tone you want and where I can email it.

2. Play the profile and realize what you have been missing.

3. Go to mattfig.com and buy some full packs, they're quite worth it!

Thanks guys,
    Mattfig

• Badcat Hotcat as you've never experienced before coming soon....This is one that's been in the works for a long time...This is my first announcement of this project and I hope it captures your attention...It will be a LOT of useable profiles from some interesting setups....Two weeks and counting....

• Hey guys,

Sorry for the late review, Matt also gave me his BE 2.0 pack for testing and sharing my opinion with you. I’m a professional sound engineer for live & studio and play guitar in a semiprofessional cover band, so having a great guitar sound is essential for me. I tried lots of profiles to get a great overdriven sound but I still wasn’t satisfied with what I got...bought different BE-100 packs but they all didn’t convinced me to get into my live rig. Then I found Matt’s BE 2.0 pack and I was really blown away! There are so many awesome sounding profiles and I still can’t name my favorite profile. The profiles have 3 different cabs, for me the Greenbacks are sounding the best. My main guitar is a Gibson Les Paul with P90 pickups, so it’s always a bit difficult to find profiles to sound fat and not to fizzy but Matt’s profiles are doing the job. No big EQ tweaks needed, I just rolled back the definition a little bit and here we go! I already replaced some of my profiles in my live performances with the new rigs: clean, crunch, high gain... this pack contains all you need! It’s the closest and realest BE-100 pack from all I heard, it sounds so tubey through the PA or my in ears.

Matt did an outstanding job on this pack and I highly recommend it for every gain stage and every genre! Btw his Bogner cab became my goto cab for every sound I use :)

Cheers Matt!

• Thanks for the great write up and details from your professional opinion! It is sincerely appreciated!

• Are the new OR100 profiles also from MTS / Salvation 100R module?

I also have two Rockerverb packs from you - are they both Salvation (Stonerverb) modules or is the "Rockerverb MKII" the amp?

Thanks